We have an Excellent Contract position for an Systems Design Engineer to join a leading Company located in the Mount Holly Springs, PA area.
State-of-art System-on-Chip (SoC) devices with embedded processors, and their real-time firmware. You will be responsible for ensuring that each product meets the high-quality standards required for each solution. The ideal candidate will possess years of industry expertise in ensuring the quality of storage solutions and will have a background in non-volatile memory storage subsystems. Reporting to the Design Engineering Manager, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Creation, development, execution, and maintenance of Storage Software & Firmware Test Plans, Test Cases, and procedures.
- Development of automated test cases using Java, Python & Shell scripts
- Utilize industry-standard storage quality metrics to ensure best processes are in place
- Debug and isolate solution-level failures using PCIe/NVMe protocol analyzers
- Ensure adherence to product hardware and firmware design specifications
- Operate test environments supporting validation and quality control efforts
- Utilization of defect tracking tools to report on progress and product quality
- Assistance in the continued design and maintenance of our state of the art systems validation & interoperability lab environment
- Work with distributed teams across multiple geographies
- BS/MS Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering
- 6.5 - 8 years of storage validation and testing experience in software, firmware, driver, and/or systems.
- Experience in PCIe architecture including the use of protocol analyzers, exercisers, and jammers
- Experience in storage technologies, such as NVMe, SAS, SATA, and SCSI
- Experience in NAND and SSD technology
- Experience with manufacturing test tools and managing a storage production environment
- Experience with Software. firmware, and hardware testing strategies
- Experience troubleshooting server system hardware and networking infrastructure to root cause
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux file system structures
- Highly motivated, sets personal goals, and achieves goals without supervision
- Effective communicator (verbal and written) of technical ideas
Benefits offered to vary by the contract. Depending on your temporary assignment, benefits may include direct deposit, free career counseling services, 401(k), select paid holidays, short-term disability insurance, skills training, employee referral bonus, affordable medical coverage plan, and DailyPay (in some locations). For a full description of benefits available to you, be sure to talk with your recruiter.