Cost Processing Staff Accountant
Laurel, MD Posted: 8/21/2023
We have an outstanding Contract position for a Cost Processing Staff Accountant to join a leading Company located in the Laurel, MD surrounding area.
We are seeking a Staff Accountant to process and maintain cost accounting data, perform month-end and year-end cost close activities, and prepare audit documentation in accordance with internal practices and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). We are looking for someone with a focus on partnering, who is diligent with a continuous process improvement approach and excellent organizational, prioritization, and interpersonal skills. Also important to success is maintaining accuracy in a fast-paced environment.
- Use Oracle General Ledger (GL) and Projects (PA) applications to review and process cost on a regular basis. Your attention to detail is crucial to ensuring completeness, accuracy, and compliance with internal policy and regulatory protocols of business operations.
- Prepare internal and external audit documentation.
- Perform other staff accountant duties as assigned, including journal entry preparation, treasury management support, data requests, and Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) audit requests.
- Possess a Bachelor's in Accounting, Finance, or another Business related field with a strong academic background in Accounting or equivalent years of experience
- Have experience with preparing account reconciliations, researching data anomalies, and analyzing financial data
- Demonstrate highly developed analytical and modeling skills with problem-solving aptitude at a conceptual level demonstrated in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Are excellent at maintaining accuracy while multitasking, extracting data needs, prioritizing assignments, communicating progress, and meeting deadlines
- Exhibit outstanding attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Are able to collaboratively perform in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to work with all levels of staff and vendors
- Have a strong desire to learn and can easily adapt to changing environments
- Are able to demonstrate independent and team-based problem solving
- Show proficiency with business and office applications including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook -- sophisticated Excel knowledge
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and/or Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Have 2 or more years of experience in Accounting
- Have experience working in an Oracle accounting system environment (i.e., Oracle Projects and General Ledger) and Data Warehouse applications
- Have experience in a Department of Defense (DoD) or Government contracting environment
Minimum Security Clearance:
TAD PGS, Inc. is a Global Fortune 500 company with worldwide revenue of over $27 billion and more than 50 years of government contracting experience. We specialize in supporting U.S. Government Agencies and their prime vendors by delivering a full range of recruitment and workforce solutions. As part of the Adecco family, we have access to over 2.5 million active candidates supporting hundreds of locations across North America. On any given day, we have more than 70,000 professionals working at client sites across the United States.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor / Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals / Equal Opportunity Employer / Veterans / Disabled
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Already have an account? Log in here