Buffalo, NY Posted: 9/6/2023
We have an outstanding career opportunity for a Tax Accountant to join a leading Company located in the Buffalo, NY surrounding area.
Salary Range: $80,000 - $85,000
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual sales and use tax returns for various jurisdictions
- Research projects for various sales tax issues and provide department management and executive management with detailed analysis
- Provide input in tax planning projects to efficiently structure real estate transactions to minimize sales taxes
- Provide input in the determination of tax consequences to management
- Assist with state and local tax audits
- Respond to notices from tax authorities on sales and use tax matters
- Sales tax exemption document review and maintain a database of executed resale and exemption certificates
- Monitor and analyze proposed state and local tax legislation, regulations, and cases for tax filings
- AP & AR invoice review for sales tax compliance
- Purchase Order review for sales tax compliance
- Advise/educate accounting staff on sales tax compliance & use tax assessments
- Review monthly expense report coding and assess Use Tax where necessary
- Maintain tax compliance calendar for each respective tax
- Maintain and organize all files and tax records within the Tax Department
- Reports to Manager, Tax Department and Director, Tax Department
- Provide feedback and analysis to Legal counsel, staff, and executive management
- Communicate with the General Ledger and other Departments
Basic Hiring Criteria:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, CPA a plus
- Minimum 1 to 3 years of tax or accounting experience in a CPA Firm or corporate tax department
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to manage and complete multiple tasks accurately and by the deadline
- Must be a team player that is able to interface and maintain effective relationships with all departments
- Must be Proficient in MS Word and Excel
Benefits offered to vary by the contract. Depending on your temporary assignment, benefits may include direct deposit, free career counseling services, 401(k), select paid holidays, short-term disability insurance, skills training, employee referral bonus, affordable medical coverage plan, and DailyPay (in some locations). For a full description of benefits available to you, be sure to talk with your recruiter.
Minimum Security Clearance:
TAD PGS, Inc. is a Global Fortune 500 company with worldwide revenue of over $27 billion and more than 50 years of government contracting experience. We specialize in supporting U.S. Government Agencies and their prime vendors by delivering a full range of recruitment and workforce solutions. As part of the Adecco family, we have access to over 2.5 million active candidates supporting hundreds of locations across North America. On any given day, we have more than 70,000 professionals working at client sites across the United States.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor / Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals / Equal Opportunity Employer / Veterans / Disabled
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Already have an account? Log in here