Commercial Maintenance Technician
Rapid City, SD Posted: 9/18/2023
We have an outstanding Contract to Hire position for a Commercial Maintenance Technician to join a leading Company located in Rapid City, SD .
- Responsible for delivering effective, efficient, and timely delivery of the Company's line of services to multiple customers within an assigned geographic territory
- Is provided a company van and tools and travels to a variety of customer sites to maintain commercial properties
- Perform preventive maintenance and corrective repairs on buildings, equipment, and grounds
- Conduct 'face to face' relationship with Customers in the service of the client's requirements
- Utilize multiple trade skills such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, roofing, HVAC, and other skills as needed to solve maintenance problems
- Complete preventative maintenance and repairs per work order requirements
- Self perform the following duties in compliance with company procedures, regulatory requirements, and safety standards
- Perform minor plumbing maintenance on existing systems (e.g., unclog toilets and drains, repair leaks in drains and faucets, replace toilets and faucet fixtures as needed, etc)
- Perform routine painting, carpentry work, etc, as necessary to maintain our Client's facilities in like new condition (e.g., repair a hole in dry-wall, prep the area, and match the paint to present a uniform and original like new appearance)
- Perform minor electrical maintenance as allowed without a license within state law requirements (e.g., repair or replacement of fixtures, wall switches, and outlets; Replace light bulbs, ballasts, and sockets if necessary)
- Completes service inspections and asset inspections as needed
- Fully utilizes technology (tablet, smartphone) to:
- Access and complete work orders including notes on services provided
- Create and submit Service Reports and Quality Inspection images and reports
- Submit timesheets, expense reports, and purchase card logs
- Obtain necessary materials and supplies to complete all tasks
- Create a positive climate with the client, provides and generates customer satisfaction
- Maintain timely and consistent communications with customer and internal support teams
- Obtain and completes EFS-required safety and compliance training and attends weekly safety meetings
- Provide estimates for larger projects and services needed to onsite customer
- Complete other duties as assigned or required
Basic Hiring Criteria:
- High School diploma or Degree/Certification, or equivalent professional experience in Landscaping, Trades (Electrical, HVAC, Plumbing, etc), or Specialty Floor Care, preferred.
- Two to five years mechanical experience, including electrical, plumbing, carpentry required; or equivalent combination of training, education, and experience. Any combination of education, training, and experience which demonstrates ability to perform the duties and responsibilities as described including related work experience in one or more of the building trades. Past background in the landscape, janitorial or construction-related services industries highly preferred.
- Must possess applicable certifications, licenses, and valid driver's license in good standing.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions including, but not limited to, safety policies and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in individual and small group situations.
- Complete assigned work orders in a timely manner and communicate work order status via designated business process.
- Ability to use and operate handheld device and business systems or document management Database software, including but not limited to Microsoft office, Lotus Notes, MS office (word, Excel).
- Comply with all applicable codes, regulation, governmental agency and Company directives related to building operations and work safety. Performs assigned day-to-day repairs, emergency and preventive maintenance.
- Maintain adequate knowledge of and comply with OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Act) standards and Company safety policies at all times.
- Experience in the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of building mechanical systems, including HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems.
- Daily local travel between properties.
Minimum Security Clearance:
TAD PGS, Inc. is a Global Fortune 500 company with worldwide revenue of over $27 billion and more than 50 years of government contracting experience. We specialize in supporting U.S. Government Agencies and their prime vendors by delivering a full range of recruitment and workforce solutions. As part of the Adecco family, we have access to over 2.5 million active candidates supporting hundreds of locations across North America. On any given day, we have more than 70,000 professionals working at client sites across the United States.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor / Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals / Equal Opportunity Employer / Veterans / Disabled
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Already have an account? Log in here