Descripción de oficio
J - Tech Supt
Help Desk Technician
Laurel, MD Al corriente: 11/10/2020
We have an outstanding Contract position for a Help Desk Technician to join a leading Company located in the Laurel, MD surrounding area.
** Candidate must have the ability to obtain and maintain Secret Security Clearance **
Please click on this link if you have any questions on how to obtain a clearance:
- Your primary responsibility will be to provide IT support services for customers via face to face and remotely to include incident response, delivery and system set-up of new & repaired computers along with installation of additional hardware, software and peripherals. You will work on primarily Microsoft Windows, Macintosh and Linux systems;
- You will research, analyze, diagnose and resolve issues with customer systems including computer hardware & software, servers peripheral equipment, and networks using documented processes where available and best practices where not. Perform computer imaging including software & hardware validation and pre-delivery testing;
- Provide first contact resolution for account administration, desktop, laptop, mobile devices, applications, and network connectivity problems remotely in a call center and via walkup.
- Create, maintain, and modify user accounts for network and business applications.
- Research, analyze, and diagnose problems with client systems including hardware and software, servers, peripheral equipment, and networks.
- Solve problems using documented processes where available and best practices where not.
- Our client"s devices are comprised of various OS platforms including Microsoft Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and iOS.
- Assist teams with incident response support.
- Develop and present training sessions.
- Provide documentation as appropriate (e.g. ServiceNow ticket creation and maintenance, e-mails, process improvements, and knowledge base articles)
- Bachelor's degree or at least 5 years of recent IT related work experience.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems for clients.
- Ability to independently resolve widely varying problems using current job knowledge and using research and external resources.
- Hardware, software and networking experience.
- Hardware experience must include desktops, laptops, and printers.
- Software experience to include Windows and Microsoft Office. Networking experience to include understanding TCP/IP and DNS.
- Understanding of Active Directory and Exchange.
- Highly motivated and have excellent customer service skills with the ability to interface with all levels of staff.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Bachelor"s degree in an IT-related field.
- 2-4 years" experience in a call center environment.
- 2-4 years" experience with system management tools such as Altiris.
- Function as a subject matter expert in one or more technical areas.
- Software experience with Desktop remote control tools.
- Software experience with Windows 7, Mac, and iOS.
- Capable of leading at least one small project team and be a contributor in various areas within the department.
- Strong presentation skills which may be used to document analysis and deliver technical presentations to customer teams in an articulate and effective manner using a variety of media (visual, written and oral).
- Highly motivated with a desire to contribute to the success and direction for the group.
- Experience with identifying security related issues such as system hacks, computer viruses, worms, and spyware.
- Certifications: ITIL, A+, Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer for Windows (MCSE), Apple Certified Macintosh Technician (ACMT); HDI Support Analyst
Special Working Conditions:
- Must be willing to support operations and work the necessary hours to complete critical work and/or troubleshooting.
- Call Center environment that requires qualified candidates to troubleshoot problems over the phone during their assigned working hours to include, sitting for extended periods of time.
TAD PGS, INC. Specializes in delivering secure, reliable and rapidly implemented workforce solutions to the U.S. Federal marketplace, including U.S. Government agencies and their prime contractors. With more than 50 years of experience, TAD PGS, INC. has earned a reputation for accountability, a value that government agencies and prime contractors both demand and deserve.
TAD PGS, INC. sources professionals for the full spectrum of federal positions, from administrative to management, and those contracts requiring extremely niche-oriented technical skills and the highest levels of security clearance.