Nashville, TN Posted: 11/13/2020
We have an outstanding Contract position for an Accessioning Clerk to join a leading medical Company located in the Nashville, TN surrounding area.
Accessioning Clerk performs daily accessioning activities of receiving COVID-19 specimens, performing data entry of patient requisitions, and scanning of requisitions into scan system in a production driven environment.
- Prioritize and sort COVID-19 specimens appropriately for accessioning and processing.
- Review specimen requisitions against data entry of requisition information, for accuracy.
- Perform data entry login of patient demographics, clinical information, specimen source, and test(s) orders from specimen requisitions into computer systems and accessions specimen containers as needed or required.
- Check test(s) ordered for medical necessity requirements and ABN if applicable.
- Meet or exceed specimen processing production goals.
- Report any orders which lack appropriate documentation to the supervisor (or appointed contact) onsite. Document all problem cases appropriately.
- Scan requisitions and all related paperwork into the scan system, and shred documents as needed.
- Contributes to a positive work climate and to the team effort of the department and company.
- Exercise all laboratory safety precautions and adhere to lab procedures as stated in procedure manuals.
- Work with other departments within the company and subsidiaries when necessary.
- Nothing in the job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Perform all job responsibilities in alignment with the industry's best security practices and regulatory guidelines to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of protected health information and other sensitive company data.
- Become familiar with and abide by the Corporate Compliance Program and all Corporate policies, including the Privacy and Security policies.
EDUCATION & LICENSURE:
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent combination of experience and education is required
- One year of prior job-related experience is preferred.
- Must be comfortable with processing different types of specimen such as:
- COVID-19, blood, urine, feces, etc.
- Previous experience in a production environment preferred.
- Previous healthcare or data entry experience preferred.
Minimum Security Clearance:
TAD PGS, Inc. is a Global Fortune 500 company with worldwide revenue of over $27 billion and more than 50 decades of government contracting experience. We specialize in supporting U.S. Government Agencies and their prime vendors by delivering a full range of recruitment and workforce solutions. As part of the Adecco family, we have access to over 2.5 million active candidates supporting hundreds of locations across North America. On any given day, we have more than 70,000 professionals working at client sites across the United States.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor / Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals / EOE Protected Veterans/Disability
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Already have an account? Log in here