Medical Lab Technician
Elmwood Park, NJ Posted: 12/10/2020
We have an outstanding Contract position for a Medical Lab Technician to join a leading Company located in the Elmwood Park, NJ surrounding area.
The Medical Laboratory Technician will perform all necessary laboratory testing in the detection, diagnosis, and prognosis of disease. The Medical Laboratory Technician will work collaboratively with the laboratory team to provide testing services to the clients. Additional tasks can be assigned at the discretion of the Supervisor/Manager/Director.
Duties may include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Follows written lab procedures for the correct handling and processing of specimens. Performs lab procedures of moderate and high complexity in accordance with standards set forth in sectional laboratory procedures.
- Maintains an up to date working knowledge of all technical procedures in the department and operations of all instrumentation. Reviews all pertinent SOPMs. Manipulate and operate simple and complex laboratory equipment including computers; may perform maintenance and limited tear down and replacement of parts of laboratory equipment; problem-solve equipment malfunctions.
- Assists in the orientation and training of new employees. Participates in the training of technical staff and monitors their progress with supervisor. Serves as a resource to peers and other personnel.
- Performs quality control procedures established for each method and maintains accurate records. Reviews and analyzes quality control data, identifies QC trends or problems, makes judgments and takes appropriate corrective action. Prior to releasing any test results. (If applicable)
- Operates laboratory instruments and performs routine maintenance & procedural calibrations. Diagnoses, troubleshoots and documents all lab instrument and / or reagent problems. Performs preventative and corrective maintenance/repairs and maintains records of actions. Contacts technical services representatives when necessary to resolve problems.
- Reviews accuracy and completeness of results prior to releasing in the Laboratory Information System (if applicable). Recognizes unexpected or unreasonable results and/or testing delays.
- Follows protocols for acceptance/rejection of patient results.
- Locating and transporting specimens as per company standards and protocols.
- Completes routine and STAT testing within acceptable turn-around time guidelines.
- Reviews Pending Logs, researches and resolves missing specimen issues. If unable to resolve issue, then the issue must be given to someone on the next shift to continue the process to resolve. If no resolution can be found, the supervisor should be notified.
- Participates in the evaluation and development of new procedures, methods and instruments.
Minimum Qualifications (required vs. preferred):
- Associates of Science degree in medical technology, chemistry, biology, or related life science and meets CLIA personnel standard criteria.
- State Licensure, where applicable.
- Mathematical, computer, reasoning, and language skills at the college level (2 years).
- ASCP or other national certification.
- One year of relevant work experience.
- Medium work of lifting up to 50 pounds and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Responsible for lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling objects.
Minimum Security Clearance:
TAD PGS, Inc. is a Global Fortune 500 company with worldwide revenue of over $27 billion and more than 50 decades of government contracting experience. We specialize in supporting U.S. Government Agencies and their prime vendors by delivering a full range of recruitment and workforce solutions. As part of the Adecco family, we have access to over 2.5 million active candidates supporting hundreds of locations across North America. On any given day, we have more than 70,000 professionals working at client sites across the United States.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor / Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals / EOE Protected Veterans/Disability
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Already have an account? Log in here