Medical Lab Technologist
Elmwood Park, NJ Posted: 12/10/2020
We have an outstanding Contract position for a Medical Lab Technologist to join a leading Company located in the Elmwood, NJ surrounding area.
The Medical Technologist performs all laboratory procedures in a prompt, accurate, and reliable manner according to established company and departmental policies and procedures.
Duties may include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Maintain standards in routine & STAT testing.
- Complete work in a timely manner.
- Write legibly when documenting QC, problems or information.
- Maintain a clean & safe work environment.
- Review communication logs.
- Prepare for shift by gathering needed supplies, i.e. reagents plates.
- Perform and document required maintenance on equipment.
- Review calibration & QC prior to testing/resulting.
- Perform calibrations and quality control as needed.
- Review results before releasing.
- Review pendings at the end of shift.
- Follow repeat protocol.
- Review Check Sheets.
- Perform duties in independent manner with no direct supervision required.
- Inform supervisor of supply inventory.
- Understand all laboratory policies and procedures.
- Date and initial reagents that are put "in use".
- Can identify at least one location of a fire extinguisher.
- Can read and interpret a curve.
- Can read and understand a Levy-Jennings Chart.
Minimum Qualifications (required vs. preferred):
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Medical Technology, Chemistry, Biology, or Related life Science.
- State Licensure (if applicable)
- Mathematical, Computer, Reasoning, and Language Skills at the College Level (2 years).
- 2 or more years of experience.
- ASCP or other national certification
- Medium work of lifting up to 50 pounds and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Responsible for lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling objects.
Minimum Security Clearance:
TAD PGS, Inc. is a Global Fortune 500 company with worldwide revenue of over $27 billion and more than 50 decades of government contracting experience. We specialize in supporting U.S. Government Agencies and their prime vendors by delivering a full range of recruitment and workforce solutions. As part of the Adecco family, we have access to over 2.5 million active candidates supporting hundreds of locations across North America. On any given day, we have more than 70,000 professionals working at client sites across the United States.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor / Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals / EOE Protected Veterans/Disability
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Already have an account? Log in here