Call Center/Customer Service
IT Service Desk Support Specialist
Oak Ridge, TN Posted: 1/5/2021
Call Center/Customer Service
We have an outstanding Contract position for an IT Service Desk Support Specialist to join a leading Company located in the Oak Ridge, TN surrounding area.
Our Service Desk is the single point of contact for all Information Technology issues and requests from MPC employees and contractors, and supports corporate users at every skill level and background via telephone, email, Web chat, and direct ticket submission.
Basic Hiring Criteria:
- High school diploma or GED required, and at least one year of call center or help desk experience or equivalent technical ability.
- In addition to the qualifications listed, an Associate"s degree in an IT-related field and 1-2 years of help desk experience supporting personal computer hardware and software is preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of personal computer use and a solid understanding of basic IT concepts.
- Proficiency in using and supporting common corporate software, including Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Office 2007 and later (Word, Excel, Outlook email, etc.), networking and remote access, and antivirus software.
- Ability to perform first-line troubleshooting for corporate end-users, including answering how-to questions, providing a system and network status, and supporting a wide variety of proprietary and off-the-shelf applications and computing platforms.
- Must be able to communicate moderately complex technical information, ideas, and results effectively in both oral and written form.
- Ability to handle the majority of requests without additional assistance, following established procedures, and using available knowledge base and help tools provided to follow an issue through to a proper resolution.
- Ability to document work you do clearly and accurately in the electronic ticketing system.
- Perform additional routine duties as assigned.
- Teleworking capability required (must have home workspace, high-speed Internet, and compatible Windows computer).
- Microsoft Active Directory and DFS experience, Microsoft Exchange Server-based email using Outlook, knowledge of help desk software and tools, mobile device support, VPN/remote connectivity support, technical writing, Visual Basic scripting, Web-based application support, and development.
Minimum Security Clearance:
TAD PGS, Inc. is a Global Fortune 500 company with worldwide revenue of over $27 billion and more than 50 decades of government contracting experience. We specialize in supporting U.S. Government Agencies and their prime vendors by delivering a full range of recruitment and workforce solutions. As part of the Adecco family, we have access to over 2.5 million active candidates supporting hundreds of locations across North America. On any given day, we have more than 70,000 professionals working at client sites across the United States.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor / Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals / EOE Protected Veterans/Disability
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Already have an account? Log in here