Ogden, UT Posted: 1/5/2021
We have an outstanding Contract position for a Project Manager to join a leading Company located in Ogden, UT.
Manages and is accountable for the contract performance for divisional programs or a set of related projects to achieve programmatic business objectives throughout the program lifecycle. Serves as the customer advocate and ensures effective program management processes, schedule, cost, resources, risk, project change management, and commitments to customers are met.
Manages a program or combination of programs of moderate scope and complexity. Programs typically are for a defined set of customers, market segment(s) or product line(s). Program scope is generally evaluated based on non-recurring engineering (NRE) cost of the program(s).
Provides leadership and is primarily responsible for a matrix team (typically less than 40 FTE from varying cross-functional areas). Has regular interaction with customers and Division team leaders; coordination may cover multiple sites or may cross divisions. Typically reports to division staff or a business team leader.
- Ensures customer requirements are met and are in the best interests by creating the program charter, baseline plan, and other program management components.
- Ensures that the cost basis and/or pricing is correct by evaluating resource requirements, and performing risk analyses. As described by AGS PRM-01 (Program Management Policy).
- Responsible for integrated program schedules, data integration, tracking of financial and quality performance, and implementation of corrective actions covering all areas of program responsibility. Addresses critical issues on complex programs and leads the team to develop action plans to improve performance.
- Leads the development of program plans covering mature and new product development programs. Participates in program planning efforts; directs all phases of programs throughout the program lifecycle.
- Organizes and leads programs by defining and identifying required expertise; provides feedback on contribution land performance to team members and/or their direct manager if in a matrix role. Responsible for plans, budgets, staffing, training, and development of direct staff.
- Oversees and approves task planning on programs including resource requirements and effort estimates related to program performance. Establishes and communicates overall priorities and changing program requirements to functional areas.
- Ensures successful customer relationships by responding to all customer requests and serving as the primary point of contact for assigned program activities, status and problem resolution. Is responsible for the negotiation of contract changes related to scope management.
- Serves as key presenter and facilitator at major program reviews. Ensures meeting actions are documented and communicated.
- Acts as a consultant to management on specific programs or overall program management.
- Establishes goals and objectives required to complete programs.
- Provides mentoring within program management and leadership to varied project teams.
- Maintains professional and technical/product knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing technical/specialty publications, and/or participating in professional associations. Shares specialized knowledge with others and serves as a resource on program management principles and practices.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Sciences, Business, or a related field. PMP certification required, typically within 6 months of assignment; advanced degree (MS/MBA) and additional certifications (e.g. PgMP, PMI-RMP) preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through eight or more years related work experience; including two or more years leading multiple projects of varying complexity and scope and direct leadership of teams.
- In-depth knowledge and proficiency with program management processes, methodology, and architecture.
- Ability to effectively demonstrate business skills and lead cross-functional matrixed teams across a suite of related projects.
- Thorough knowledge of industry practices and the marketplace associated with fielded product or service.
- In-depth knowledge of aerospace commercial or military contracting and procurement requirements and understanding of financial and labor cost systems and production processes.
- Proficient in the use of business applications software and the ability to use specialized project management and financial applications.
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex policies, contractual language, and financial reports.
- Ability to respond to and negotiate with customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to develop effective written communication and present information to various levels of management, customers, and/or suppliers.
Minimum Security Clearance:
TAD PGS, INC. specializes in delivering secure, reliable and rapidly implemented workforce solutions to the U.S. Federal marketplace, including U.S. Government agencies and their prime contractors. With more than 50 years of experience, TAD PGS, INC. has earned a reputation for accountability, a value that government agencies and prime contractors both demand and deserve.
TAD PGS, INC. sources professionals for the full spectrum of federal positions, from administrative to management, and those contracts requiring extremely niche-oriented technical skills and the highest levels of security clearance.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor / Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals / EOE Protected Veterans/Disability
Already have an account? Log in here