Everett, WA Posted: 1/7/2021
We have an Excellent Contract position for a Formboard Designer to join a leading Company located in the Everett, WA area.
Working under supervision, carries out a variety of simple to moderately complex Formboard design assignments, exercising considerable to extensive latitude in the use of initiative and independent judgment. Verifies the accuracy of product design data and ensures the consistent application of requirements and standards for contractual purposes. Performs design change incorporation as required.
Works independently on the development of original designs or adaptations requiring specialized experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works creatively to develop and maintain wire harness manufacturing drawing through the use of 3D wire harness installation models and wire design logical data
- May review all sketches, layouts, engineering designs, customer requirements, and specifications.
- Investigates moderately-complex manufacturing process or engineering related issues, and develops solutions to problems.
- Confers with more experienced Formboard designers, engineers, and other subject-matter experts to interpret design concepts, determine the nature and type of required detailed working drawings, and coordinate work with others.
- Applies knowledge of airplane and component production methods and technologies in the formboard design work requirements, processes, and tasks.
- Perform assigned tasks meeting the organization's expectations for quality, schedule, and process compliance.
- Identifies the need for enhanced processes, methods, and tools and provides solutions.
- May train others in the use of CAD and other Formboard design tools.
- Provides guidance and may review the work of other less experienced staff.
- Regular, predictable attendance is required
- Adheres to safe work practices and contributes to the evolution of the health, safety, and environmental program and culture
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent; Associate's or bachelor degree in a technical discipline preferred
- 3+ years of experience in a technical classification
- Typically 2+ years of CAD design/formboard design or installation experience
- Typically 3 years of Aerospace industry
- Ability to effectively communicate and work in a team environment.
- Exercises broad latitude in determining technical solutions.
- Working knowledge of configuration management.
- Familiar with wire bundle technology and manufacturing techniques.
- Capability to integrate designs.
- Understanding of design requirements flow, validation, and compliance verification.
- Able to understand technical data.
- Capable of resolving complex design issues by means of problem-solving methodologies.
- Advanced 2D and 3D CAD design (e.g. CATIA, AutoCAD, Pro-Engineer).
- Ability to work with MS Office computer applications.
Minimum Security Clearance:
TAD PGS, Inc. is a Global Fortune 500 company with worldwide revenue of over $27 billion and more than 50 decades of government contracting experience. We specialize in supporting U.S. Government Agencies and their prime vendors by delivering a full range of recruitment and workforce solutions. As part of the Adecco family, we have access to over 2.5 million active candidates supporting hundreds of locations across North America. On any given day, we have more than 70,000 professionals working at client sites across the United States.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor / Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals / EOE Protected Veterans/Disability
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Already have an account? Log in here