Wire Harness Design Engineer
San Antonio, TX Posted: 1/12/2021
We have an outstanding Contract position for a Wire Harness Design Engineer to join a leading Company located in the San Antonio, TX surrounding area.
Working under limited supervision, Interface with external and internal customers to develop and maintain wire harness detail, installation, and bundle assembly. Create and coordinate solutions for 2D and 3D wire harness installation designs and incorporates changes to design plan. Performs complex design change incorporation as required. Provides functional and technical direction and guidance to support personnel and less experienced engineers.
- Develop and maintain Wire Harness physical design and installation (e.g. 3D wire harness installation models, wire harness assembly models and 2D formboard drawings)
- Perform assigned tasks meeting the organization's expectations for quality, schedule and process compliance
- Collaborate and coordinate with customer to develop design solutions. Contacts subcontractors and suppliers to exchange technical data and coordinate project execution.
- Ensures application of business unit best practices and identifies the need for enhanced processes, methods, and tools
- Translates program technical requirements into work requirements, processes, and tasks
- Develops solutions to complex problems, which require ingenuity and innovation
- Identify and communicate the need for enhanced processes, methods, and tools or new/enhanced design requirements and provides solutions.
- Ensure design optimization through commonality, cost, weight, producibility, and maintainability of design.
- Communicate and/or implement design solutions
- Ensure compliance to design requirements
- May confer with more experienced designers and other subject matter experts to interpret design concepts, determine nature and type of required detailed working drawings, and coordinates work with others
- Applies knowledge of airplane and component production methods and technologies in the fabrication design of electrical wiring into work requirements, processes, and tasks.
- Follows documented processes, specifications and procedures that support the design and manufacturing of wire harness bundles.
- Investigates moderately-complex manufacturing process or engineering related issues, and develops solutions to problems
- Communicate and facilitate the implementation of 2D and 3D Wire Harness physical design and installation between internal and external customers
- Focal for common change process and engineering work statement definition
- Monitors and provides status of wire installation activities at airplane leve
- Provide Major/Minor determination for change classification as a Design Approval Engineer (DAE)
- Regular, predictable attendance is required
- Adheres to safe work practices and contributes to the evolution of the health, safety, and environmental program and culture
- Other duties may be assigned
Basic Hiring Criteria:
- Bachelor"s degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Aerospace Engineering, or equivalent
- Minimum 6 years of verifiable experience in an engineering classification
- 3 years CATIA V5 CAD design experience
- 5 years Electrical/Mechanical design installation experience
- 3 years Aerospace industry (preferred)
Minimum Security Clearance:
TAD PGS, Inc.
is a Global Fortune 500 company with worldwide revenue of over $27 billion and more than 50 decades of government contracting experience. We specialize in supporting U.S. Government Agencies and their prime vendors by delivering a full range of recruitment and workforce solutions. As part of the Adecco family, we have access to over 2.5 million active candidates supporting hundreds of locations across North America. On any given day, we have more than 70,000 professionals working at client sites across the United States.VEVRAA Federal Contractor / Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals / EOE Protected Veterans/Disability
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please visit http://www.tadpgs.com/candidate-privacy/
Already have an account? Log in here