Safety Environmental Manager
Lincoln, NE Posted: 1/12/2021
We have an outstanding Contract to Hire position for a Safety Environmental Manager to join a leading Company located in the Lincoln, NE surrounding area.
The engineer will design and publish Safety, Health & Environmental Programs consistent with regulations and company policy. They will also train associates, supervisors, and other employees in the areas of general safety, health, and environmental awareness, specific program requirements, and specific job requirements. This also includes developing and implementing personal computer applications as identified for safety and environmental needs.
- Audits established programs and procedures to ensure compliance with Corporate/Plant Policies and Procedures.
- Conduct hazard analysis and job safety analysis to ensure proper use of machinery and equipment, personal protective equipment, and procedures.
- Develops and prepares reports of findings with recommendations for corrective action.
- Assesses ergonomic issues; develops and implements programs related to the physiology of cumulative trauma disorders.
- Develops relational database systems that allow the utilization of information that can be transferred between various databases on the personal computer platform.
- Identifies opportunities to increase functional safety/environmental productivity by utilizing personal computer technology.
- Coordinates information for compliance with Right-to-Know and Environmental Regulations.
- Maintain Occupational Health, Environment and Safety Management System to conform to ISO14001/18001 standards.
- Perform a variety of engineering work in designing, installing, operating, and maintaining measuring apparatus necessary to determine the level of pollutants involving air, land, and water.
- Ascertain the level of pollution and recommend appropriate action to management to assure conformance with federal, state, and local legislation and regulations regarding environmental control.
- Coordinate with HR to monitor and review active work comp claims and issues.
- Serve as liaison between injured employees and medical staff to ensure timely response and continued care.
Basic Hiring Criteria:
- Four-year degree in Safety/ Environmental/Health, IE, ME, Chemistry, or equivalent.
- Must possess language skills/abilities to effectively write reports, business correspondence, and procedures.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
- Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint) are required.
- 1-3 years of experience in Safety, Health, and Environmental field.
- Experience with plating (Ni, Cr, Sn, Zn) and waste water treatment or equivalent chemical experience and/or education.
- Certified in at least Industrial III level wastewater treatment facility operator for the State of Nebraska or receive certification within 12 months of hire date once undertaking WWT overseer responsibilities.
Minimum Security Clearance:
TAD PGS, Inc. is a Global Fortune 500 company with worldwide revenue of over $27 billion and more than 50 decades of government contracting experience. We specialize in supporting U.S. Government Agencies and their prime vendors by delivering a full range of recruitment and workforce solutions. As part of the Adecco family, we have access to over 2.5 million active candidates supporting hundreds of locations across North America. On any given day, we have more than 70,000 professionals working at client sites across the United States.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor / Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals / EOE Protected Veterans/Disability
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Already have an account? Log in here