Los Angeles, CA Posted: 2/12/2021
We have an outstanding Contract position for an Audit Manager to join a leading Company located in the Los Angeles, CA surrounding area.
The Audit Manager position is a leadership role as an auditor-in-charge to guide a team of auditors to assess risks, develop detailed audit programs, identify data analytic opportunities, execute audit programs, analyze results of testing performed, and effectively communicate audit results to the Audit Senior Manager/Director and senior management in meetings, presentations, and/or written reports and memorandums. Additionally, the position is responsible for maintaining and executing a continuous monitoring program by audit methodology and taking into consideration industry development, emerging risks, and regulatory changes and expectations.
- Plans, executes, and evaluates audit test plans for projects of medium to high complexity with a risk-based audit approach.
- Assesses risks and controls, designs comprehensive audit programs, executes audit procedures, supervises and reviews the work of others, analyzes and synthesizes results of testing performed, effectively communicates results to senior management to affect change, and delivers well-written audit reports and other forms of communication.
- Manages staff assigned to engagements, and collaborates with other audit groups to effectively plan, integrate and execute audits.
- Understands fraud, BSA/AML, and general IT risks to identify and assess key control activities in business processes.
- Assesses information security and privacy policies and procedures to identify weaknesses within the business process or activity being audited.
- Leads and executes continuous monitoring activities periodically for the area assigned. Gathers and evaluates information received from business units and other external/regulatory sources.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a dynamically changing environment.
- Complies fully with all policies, procedures, audit methodologies, training, and regulatory requirements.
- Discover patterns, insights, trends, and anomalies from straightforward analyses, data sets, and visualization tools.
- Execute basic analyses (e.g. descriptive) and create simple visualization using standard tools.
- Develop requests for advanced analytics by providing detailed and clear questions to the Data Analytics Lead or Data Scientist.
- Applies advanced analytical techniques to test hypotheses and add insights into audit findings.
- Understands concepts of data lineage and data stewardship to develop effective data analytics that provides the insights.
- Relationship Building and Client Experience
- monitoring and discussions with business management.
- Continuously builds trusting relationships with Internal Audit peers and business management.
- Acts as the key contact and responds to inquiries from businesses throughout the audit process.
- Challenges others" thinking or approaches in a constructive manner.
- Advises stakeholders on internal control and governance matters and conducts proactive and ongoing risk management discussions with business leaders.
- Influences key stakeholders to gain buy-in, overcomes challenges and delivers on high priority initiatives, and draws conclusions or makes recommendations based on audit evidence that may involve ambiguity.
- Acts as a role model/mentor to more junior auditors and provides constructive feedback.
- Enhances and maintains staff morale.
- Prepares and conducts formal/informal training for less experienced staff members.
- May participate in interviews and evaluations of new applicants.
- Deposit Operations, Accounts Opening, and Client Due Diligence, Payment Processing, Cards Operations and Servicing, Call Centers, and FinTech
- Treasury Management Services
- Corporate Functions - Fraud, Procurement, Corporate Real Estate, Community Reinvestment, Digital Channels, Marketing, and Product Strategy
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum 4 years of audit or related experience in banking operations, compliance, and/or risk management activities.
- Minimum 1 year of experience conducting internal audits within financial institutions and supervising staff.
- Certification in at least one or more of the following:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Strong understanding of internal auditing standards, COSO, and risk assessment practices.
- Strong understanding of internal control concepts and application of such.
- Strong working knowledge of banking industry laws and regulations.
- Experience in planning and juggling multiple projects and with varying team members.
- Experience in coaching junior auditors.
- Sound knowledge and experience in IT audit are strongly preferred.
- Familiar with data analytics, robotic process automation, and artificial intelligence tools.
- Experience in the use of data visualization and reporting - e.g. Tableau and/or Alteryx is a plus.
Minimum Security Clearance:
TAD PGS, Inc. is a Global Fortune 500 company with worldwide revenue of over $27 billion and more than 50 decades of government contracting experience. We specialize in supporting U.S. Government Agencies and their prime vendors by delivering a full range of recruitment and workforce solutions. As part of the Adecco family, we have access to over 2.5 million active candidates supporting hundreds of locations across North America. On any given day, we have more than 70,000 professionals working at client sites across the United States.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor / Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals / EOE Protected Veterans/Disability
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Already have an account? Log in here