J - Tech Supt
Help Desk Technician
Laurel, MD Posted: 2/15/2021
We have an outstanding Contract position for a Help Desk Technician to join a leading Company located in the Laurel, MD surrounding area.
** Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance. **
Please click on this link if you have any questions on how to obtain a clearance: https://www.tadpgs.com/obtain_security_clearance
- Provide first contact resolution for account administration, desktop, laptop, mobile devices, applications, and network connectivity problems remotely in a call center or walkup desk;
- Create, maintain, and modify user accounts for network and business applications;
- Research, analyze, and diagnose problems with client systems to include hardware and software, servers, peripheral equipment, and networks.
- Solve problems using documented processes where available and best practices where not.
- Assist teams with incident response support and be involved in the development and presentation of training sessions;
- Provide appropriate documentation on services provided and status updates as needed.
Basic Hiring Criteria:
- Possess a Bachelor's degree or at least 4 years of recent IT-related work experience;
- Have the ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems for clients; to independently resolve widely varying problems using current job knowledge and using research and external resources;
- Have hardware, software, and networking troubleshooting experience -- hardware experience must include desktops, laptops, mobile devices, and printers; software experience includes Windows and Microsoft Office; networking experience to include understanding TCP/IP and DNS, Active Directory, and Exchange
- Are an excellent communicator, are highly motivated, and have excellent customer services skills with the ability to interface with all levels of staff;
- Are willing and able to support operations and work necessary hours to complete critical work and/or troubleshooting and work in a call center environment that requires sitting for extended periods and troubleshoot problems over the phone during the assigned work hours;
- Are able to obtain Secret level security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
- Possess a Bachelor's degree in an IT-related field
- Have 2+ years' experience in a call center environment and using system management tools such as Symantec Ghost Solution Suite
- Have software experience with Desktop remote control tools and Windows 10, Macintosh, and iOS
- Possess any of the following certifications: ITIL, A+, Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer for Windows (MCSE), Apple Certified Macintosh Technician (ACMT), HDI Support Analyst.
Minimum Security Clearance:
TAD PGS, Inc. is a Global Fortune 500 company with worldwide revenue of over $27 billion and more than 50 decades of government contracting experience. We specialize in supporting U.S. Government Agencies and their prime vendors by delivering a full range of recruitment and workforce solutions. As part of the Adecco family, we have access to over 2.5 million active candidates supporting hundreds of locations across North America. On any given day, we have more than 70,000 professionals working at client sites across the United States.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor / Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals / EOE Protected Veterans/Disability
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Already have an account? Log in here