Ashburn, VA Posted: 2/23/2021
We have an outstanding Contract to Hire position for a Solderering Technicians to join a leading Company located in the Ashburn, VA surrounding area.
- Solder precision electro-mechanical equipment, wiring harnesses, and PCB Board assemblies used in computers, electronic instruments, and similar electronic systems
- Melt and apply solder along adjoining edges of workpieces to solder joints, using soldering iron, gas torch, or electric-ultrasonic equipment. Grind, cut, buff, or bend edges of workpieces to be joined to ensure snug fit, using power grinder and hand tools.
- Remove workpieces from molten solder and hold parts together until color indicates that solder has set.
- Clean workpieces, using chemical solution, file, wire brush, or grinder. Cleans tip of soldering iron, using chemical solution or cleaning compound.
- Melts and separates soldered joints to repair misaligned or damaged assemblies, using soldering equipment.
- Provide assembly, test, and repair assistance when required
- Follow blueprints, diagrams, verbal and written instructions during the soldering, assembly, test and repair process. Using a high degree of precision and attention of detail, interpret detailed specifications and instructions.
- Interpret PCB Board schematics as well as Wiring Drawings.
- The position requires some use of tools such as, screwdrivers, handheld drills and crimping tools; as well as heavy lifting of up to fifty (50) pounds, assisted and unassisted.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 2 years related experience
- IPC Certification highly preferred
- Ability to read and interpret detailed specification and instructions, including documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Requires a high degree of precision and demonstrated attention to detail
- Familiarity with tools such as soldering iron, cable strippers and cutters , screwdrivers, handheld drills and crimping tools
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
Minimum Security Clearance:
TAD PGS, Inc.
is a Global Fortune 500 company with worldwide revenue of over $27 billion and more than 50 decades of government contracting experience. We specialize in supporting U.S. Government Agencies and their prime vendors by delivering a full range of recruitment and workforce solutions. As part of the Adecco family, we have access to over 2.5 million active candidates supporting hundreds of locations across North America. On any given day, we have more than 70,000 professionals working at client sites across the United States.VEVRAA Federal Contractor / Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals / EOE Protected Veterans/Disability
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please visit http://www.tadpgs.com/candidate-privacy/
Already have an account? Log in here