Senior Technical Writer
Washington, DC Posted: 2/23/2021
We have an outstanding career opportunity for a Senior Technical Writer to join a leading Company located in the Hanover/ Baltimore/Washington D.C. surrounding area.
- Organize and write supporting documentation for maintenance, training, engineering, and operations.
- Work closely with functional groups to create acceptance test plans, system functional descriptions, proposals, and other supporting internal documentation.
- Work closely with functional engineering groups to create and requisition spare parts lists based on preventive maintenance needs.
- Work with customers and vendors to coordinate training schedules, scope, and deliverables.
- Work with technical staff to understand components and systems to develop user-friendly documentation.
- Use photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts that increase users" understanding.
- Revise and update documents as the result of engineering changes.
- Create appropriate training materials for internal and external users.
- Perform miscellaneous administrative or communications tasks as directed by the project manager.
- Direct others and assist in the production of hard copies with duties such as printing, binding, uploading to internet sites, and shipping.
- Standardize and streamline documentation processes.
- Will be assigned and responsible for independently researching and writing manuals for large conveyance systems.
- Use software such as Adobe InDesign, MS Office Project, Word, Excel, AutoCAD, and Autodesk
- Inventor Suite, and Adobe InDesign, and Illustrator/Photoshop to accomplish job responsibilities.
- Attends training or self-trains to continuously improve skillsets.
- Can perform customer site training.
- B.S. or B.A. from an accredited university or equivalent work experience
- Minimum four years" experience in the mechanical or electrical engineering field.
- Proficient at working with and understanding electrical schematics and mechanical assembly/installation drawings.
- Able to understand and describe complicated systems with layers of logical rules.
- Able to work with system-level bill of materials to develop maintenance documentation.
- Knows detailed commonly used technology transfer concepts, = practices, and procedures.
- Proficient with multiple mediums of technology transfer such as = manuals, videos, animations, and web pages.
- Worksite experience in common large machinery safety practices
- Knowledgeable in a shop environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite and Adobe products as well as an engineering suite such as AutoDesk or equivalent.
- Effective communication (verbal and written) and relationship skills with engineering groups, customers suppliers and subcontractors.
- Knowledge of XML authoring and working within a CMS a plus
Minimum Security Clearance:
TAD PGS, Inc. is a Global Fortune 500 company with worldwide revenue of over $27 billion and more than 50 decades of government contracting experience. We specialize in supporting U.S. Government Agencies and their prime vendors by delivering a full range of recruitment and workforce solutions. As part of the Adecco family, we have access to over 2.5 million active candidates supporting hundreds of locations across North America. On any given day, we have more than 70,000 professionals working at client sites across the United States.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor / Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals / EOE Protected Veterans/Disability
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Already have an account? Log in here