San Diego, GA Posted: 3/18/2021
We have an outstanding career opportunity for a Project Accountant to join a leading Company located in the of Torrey Pines, GA surrounding area.
We need strong Government Experience please!
- Under general supervision with a regular review for accuracy, reviews contracts and prepares customer invoices for Cost Reimbursable, Fixed Fee, T&M, and Progress Payment contracts in a government contracting (Aerospace/Defense and commercial) environment.
- Records journal entries (revenue, billed, and unbilled accounts receivable) and supports other month-end close processes.
- Ensures revenue recognition complies with US GAAP and applicable company policies.
- Completes project and account reconciliations.
- Prepares and supports government final and quick close-out invoices.
- Supports government and financial audits.
- Coordinates and participates in the research and analysis of accounting and financial data.
- Compiles data and prepares a variety of highly complex reports. May present findings to professional staff and/or management.
- Provides excellent customer service and works closely with the Contracts and Finance departments.
- Assures Company compliance with Financial Accounting Standards, Cost Accounting Standards, Federal Acquisition Regulations, and disclosed Company practices.
- Recommends improvements and/or changes to processing methods and techniques.
- Contributes to and ensures the accuracy of accounting data, transactions, and reports.
- Ensures accounting files and records are accurate and up to date.
- Performs special projects as assigned.
- Typically requires a bachelor's or master's degree in accounting or a related discipline and three or more years of progressive experience in accounting with a bachelor's degree, or at least one year of experience with a master's degree.\
- May substitute equivalent experience instead of education.
- Must have demonstrated ability to apply concepts and principles of accounting to develop solutions to a variety of problems along with computer literacy and knowledge of operations and applications pertinent to the field.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and communication abilities that enable an effective interface with staff members in developing accounting documentation and in making presentations.
- Able to work extended hours as required.
Minimum Security Clearance:
TAD PGS, Inc. is a Global Fortune 500 company with worldwide revenue of over $27 billion and more than 50 decades of government contracting experience. We specialize in supporting U.S. Government Agencies and their prime vendors by delivering a full range of recruitment and workforce solutions. As part of the Adecco family, we have access to over 2.5 million active candidates supporting hundreds of locations across North America. On any given day, we have more than 70,000 professionals working at client sites across the United States.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor / Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals / EOE Protected Veterans/Disability
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Already have an account? Log in here