We have an outstanding Contract position for a Proposal Manager to join a leading Company located in the Fairfax, VA surrounding area.
The Sr. Proposal Manager is responsible for establishing and managing the proposal process in response to commercial and U.S. government solicitation requirements. The Sr. Proposal Manager establishes the proposal development team to include the Proposal Coordinator, Volume Leads, Technical Writers, Desk Top Publisher (DTP), Graphic Artist and production capability. This position requires that he/she work closely with the Capture Manager and his/her team, operations/line organizations, SMEs, and functional departments (e.g., Contracts/Subcontracts, HR, Recruiting, Finance, Procurement) for proposal content, compliance, and format, while managing the proposal team's activities.
The Sr. Proposal Manager implements the approved proposal processes, conducts reviews, maintains configuration control and incorporates all amendments. The Sr. Proposal Manager along with the Capture Manager, develops the proposal schedule and assures the proposal team adheres to it. The Sr. Proposal Manager develops the Compliance Matrix and the initial proposal outline and assures all data calls to team members are completed. The Sr. Proposal Manager holds daily standup progress reviews to track status of section writing assignments and other proposal actions assigned. The Proposal Manager ensures the proposal is compliant with all RFP and amendment requirements. The Sr. Proposal Manager oversees all proposal production activities including coordinating DTP, editing, printing and binding, as well as the logistics requirements associated with proposal delivery.
* Manage the proposal process to include content design and development and review
* Review and analyze draft and final RFPs (Request For Proposal) and related documents and develop compliant proposal outline and responses
* Develop detailed proposal schedule and ensure adherence to all deadlines
* Work with Capture Managers to finalize win strategy/proposal lenses/discriminators and to identify Volume/Section Leads and appropriate writing and Subject Matter Expert (SME) resources
* Prepare all supporting proposal development documentation (outline, page allocation, team assignments, proposal management plan, schedule, kick-off meeting materials, writing templates, data calls)
* Direct day-to-day proposal management activities, including development of work plans, schedules and action items, to maintain compliance against solicitation requirements
* Work with Capture Manager and Volume Leads to finalize staffing plans (including resumes), management plans (including Organizational Charts), and identification of Past Performance references
* Work with Capture Manager and Pricing Manager to provide review coordination including identification of reviewers and scheduling
* Work with Pricing Manager to maintain the schedule for price reviews, BOE development (as necessary) and cost narrative development
* Coordinate with functional departments in relation to proposal activities, including (but not limited to) Business Development, Contracts, Human Resources, Legal, Finance, Recruiting, and Procurement.
* Maintain version control throughout RFP response lifecycle; ensuring proposal artifacts are secured at all times
* Work with Contracts Department to monitor Government communications and manage Government responses
* Develop list of questions for submission to the Capture Manager and Contracts Manager and ultimate submission to the Government
* Monitor Government amendments and perform impact assessment upon receipt of Q&A and all amendments
* Provide oversight to assigned Proposal Coordinator for resource coordination, template development, graphics development, review coordination, data call coordination, configuration management, DTP, proposal production, administration, and submission activities
* Reviews and adjudicates edits from the Editor
Bachelor"s degree and 7-10 years of continuous proposal management experience of large strategic opportunities at the corporate level including multi-$100M opportunities.
In some cases, educational requirements may be adjusted or waived for applicable work experience. Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience for positions involving new technology or labor market shortages as reflected by market survey data.
* In-depth understanding of compliance with all sections of governmental RFPs, experience analyzing RFPs, creating proposal outlines and schedules, managing and coordinating proposal teams and work products, writing new material, editing written material, and producing high-quality proposals under tight deadlines
* Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential, along with attention to detail and accuracy
* Working knowledge of federal procurement process
* Working knowledge of FEDSIM (Federal System Integration and Management) 9Proposals
* Strong organizational and time management skills
* Excellent facilitation, communication, and presentation skills
* Strong leadership, problem solving, and decision-making abilities
* Ability to interface and coordinate with all involved departments and senior executives
* Highly developed word processing skills, especially with Microsoft Office products and working knowledge of graphics and desktop software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* Working knowledge of Teams, Sharepoint or other proposal collaboration software
* Flexible and open to changing schedules and priorities and managing multiple tasks simultaneously within compressed timeframes
* Able and willing to work extended hours to meet dynamically changing needs and delivery schedules