Tupelo, MS Posted: 4/6/2021
We have an excellent career opportunity for a CNC Programmer to join a leading Company located in the Tupelo, MS surrounding area.
**U.S. Citizenship Required.
This position is responsible for developing and writing programs for computer numerically controlled (CNC) machines using engineering specifications and drawings.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews engineering drawings to define the configuration of parts and determine type and sequence of machine operations.
- May independently determine proper cutter selections for each part, taking into consideration such factors as speeds, types of cutters, feeds, and control system limitations.
- Contributes to the development of solutions to a range of difficult technical problems to ensure deadlines or schedules are met.
- Develops programs for machining parts, tools, or sheet metal on computer numerically controlled (CNC) machine tools.
- Participates in determining program routines for the most efficient computer calculation of dimensional and machining requirements for each part.
- Tests and modifies existing parts programs for engineering changes or program improvements.
- Participates in the preparation of department documentation, including operational instructions and/or standard procedures.
- May be the primary contact with supplier and vendors.
- May give direction to less experienced professional staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned or as required.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in computer programming or a related field and five or more years of progressive experience in programming computer numerically controlled (CNC) machines. Equivalent professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- US citizenship is required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain DOD security clearance, if needed, is required.
- Must have experience programming complex components, on multi-axis machines.
- Must demonstrate a complete understanding of CNC application principles, theories and concepts, and must have leadership skills including organizing, scheduling, and coordinating work assignments to meet project milestones or established completion dates.
- Must possess the ability to contribute to the development of new processes, and resolve a variety of difficult technical matters.
- Must be customer focused and possess:
- the ability to identify issues, analyze and interpret data and develop solutions to a variety of complex problems,
- excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report, and present findings,
- excellent interpersonal skills to guide employees,
- the ability to initiate, plan, and manage projects,
- the ability to represent the company as a knowledgeable resource on external projects, and excellent computer skills.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
Minimum Security Clearance:
TAD PGS, INC. specializes in delivering secure, reliable and rapidly implemented workforce solutions to the U.S. Federal marketplace, including U.S. Government agencies and their prime contractors. With more than 50 years of experience, TAD PGS, INC. has earned a reputation for accountability, a value that government agencies and prime contractors both demand and deserve.
TAD PGS, INC. sources professionals for the full spectrum of federal positions, from administrative to management, and those contracts requiring extremely niche-oriented technical skills and the highest levels of security clearance.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor / Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals / EOE Protected Veterans/Disability
Already have an account? Log in here