Jacksonville, FL Posted: 4/7/2021
We have an outstanding Contract position for a Buyer to join a leading Company located in the Jacksonville, FL surrounding area.
Obtains the best quality, service, and value for products and services through effective bidding, negotiation, and supplier management. Identifies manufacturing needs, identifies and selects suppliers, initiates purchase orders, and arranges for delivery. Provides parts, equipment, services, and materials of limited scope and complexity.
- Bachelor's degree (BA) in Business Administration prefered or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience which has provided both theoretical and practical knowledge in the field. Professional entry level position.
- May have limited prior industry experience or worked with direction in student internship programs.
- Certificate in Purchasing Management (CPM) preferred.
- Knowledge of key purchasing and negotiating methods, principles and concepts and general business operations.
- General knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements related to procurement.
- Basic understanding of continuous improvement techniques and methods.
- Ability to use standard business application software and specialized purchasing and/or materials systems (e.g. electronic data interface (EDI) or manufacturing resource planning (MRP) systems).
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Ability to research and analyze data and develop recommendations or resolve problems by drawing on internal information and referring to prior decisions.
- Ability to work with only general work direction and instructions regarding the scope of assignments and determine priority and order of assignments.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to negotiate effectively to obtain the best price and terms. Ability to effectively demonstrate team member competencies and participate in goal-setting, performance feedback, and self-development activities.
Minimum Security Clearance:
TAD PGS, Inc. is a Global Fortune 500 company with worldwide revenue of over $27 billion and more than 50 decades of government contracting experience. We specialize in supporting U.S. Government Agencies and their prime vendors by delivering a full range of recruitment and workforce solutions. As part of the Adecco family, we have access to over 2.5 million active candidates supporting hundreds of locations across North America. On any given day, we have more than 70,000 professionals working at client sites across the United States.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor / Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals / EOE Protected Veterans/Disability
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Already have an account? Log in here