Irvine, CA Posted: 4/8/2021
We have an outstanding career for opportunity a Technical Writer to join a leading Company located in the Irvine or Carlsbad, CA, surrounding area.
We"re looking for a driven and collaborative Technical writer with experience creating technical documentation for the consumer electronics industry. The Technical Writer will be responsible for creating and revising content for the companies products, including knowledge-based articles (KBAs), quick start guides (QSGs), manuals, and working with our international translation agency. They will collaborate with cross-functional teams around the globe. The ideal candidate needs technical copywriting experience communicating product or service features into easy-to-understand benefits to the customer.
- Writes and edits technical documents, including knowledge-based articles and quick start guides.
- Helps write and edit procedural documentation such as user guides and manuals.
- Meets with engineers, marketing, programmers, and product managers to learn about specific products or processes.
- Researches product samples to fully understand the product.
- Assesses the audience needs for whom the technical and procedural documentation is intended; adjusts tone and technical terms used to meet those needs and to ensure understanding.
- Gathers feedback from internal cross-functional teams to improve technical documents.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Provide proofreading and editing support to various cross-functional teams.
- Develop an understanding of the features and benefits of the entire product mix.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent writing and grammatical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to present complex data in clear, concise text.
- Ability to meet deadlines and to work independently.
- Ability to edit and proofread the work of colleagues.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Agile, Jira, and other related software.
Basic Hiring Criteria:
- Bachelor"s degree in Technical Writing, or related field required.
- Three years of related experience required.
- Experience technically writing in the consumer electronic industry
- Demonstrated success working with sales, product, engineers, customer service, and marketing teams.
Minimum Security Clearance:
TAD PGS, Inc. is a Global Fortune 500 company with worldwide revenue of over $27 billion and more than 50 decades of government contracting experience. We specialize in supporting U.S. Government Agencies and their prime vendors by delivering a full range of recruitment and workforce solutions. As part of the Adecco family, we have access to over 2.5 million active candidates supporting hundreds of locations across North America. On any given day, we have more than 70,000 professionals working at client sites across the United States.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor / Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals / EOE Protected Veterans/Disability
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Already have an account? Log in here