Temp Technology Project Manager
Austin, TX Posted: 4/27/2021
We have an outstanding Contract position for a Temp Technology Project Manager to join a leading Company located in the Austin, TX surrounding area.
The Technology Project Manager III reports directly to the Technology Systems Program Manager, PMO but may perform tasks under the general direction of the Technology Program Project Manager III on larger projects.
This position is responsible for managing all project lifecycle phases to plan, coordinate, and implement systems, applications and technologies for large, very complex, strategic projects which include multiple integrations to other systems. Leads projects from original concept through final closeout. Communicates with agency executives regarding project status. This position will analyze and evaluate existing and proposed systems, perform business process reviews and all other functions related to the implementation of technology projects. Lead the efforts of project teams made up of internal and external technical and non-technical staff to successful project completion. This role is also responsible in providing customer focused service and building positive and constructive relationships with stakeholders and customers, by understanding their needs, problems, and providing timely communication service.
- Provide customer focused service. Build positive and constructive relationships with business areas, customers, understand their needs, problems and provide timely communication and service.
- Perform research and needs assessments for technology projects.
- Develop and manage project implementation plans, requirements definition, scope development resource allocation, risk analysis, quality assurance, schedules and budgets.
- Oversee vendors, contractor and business and technical teams to ensure that solutions stay within scope, cost and schedule, and risks are managed.
- Manage the efforts of cross functional project team members in a matrix management environment, to include task scheduling and monitoring.
- Lead conflict resolution among project team members to include vendors, technical staff, and business area staff.
- Prepare business cases, cost benefit analysis and other documents necessary for project initiation.
- Prepare scopes of work, independent cost estimates, and other documents necessary to the project procurement process; coordinate with the business units and procurement staff to ensure timely and
- cost-efficient completion of vendor selection and contract execution.
- Develop and manage, modify, update, monitor and report monthly status of project budgets; oversee project invoice payment process and coordinate with vendor to document deliverables, review monthly expenditure reports and coordinate with finance staff to reconcile discrepancies; develop cost projections.
- Initiate project change management; analyze and recommend business unit change requests; develop scopes of work and independent cost estimates; coordinate with procurement for vendor
- proposals through modifications; analyze vendor technical and cost proposals; administer the change management log; and implement changes with technical, business unit and vendor teams.
- Partner with business units to analyze end user needs; identify process interdependencies among departments that will impact technology options or require multi-system integration; research technical solutions that will offer process improvement; determine options; and collaborate to recommend the most advantageous solutions.HR August 2019 Technology Project Manager III
- Prepare status reporting project updates and presentations as necessary to include steering committee and senior management.
- Develop and implements project and documentation standards.
- Partner with stakeholders to undertake full IT ownership of the systems and projects assigned and become proficient in the technical and functional aspects of these systems.
- Provide technical leadership on projects. Successfully lead tasks or projects as assigned. Provide leadership in working with technology vendors and implementation partners to implement technical
- Provide periodic reports to management
- Develop and ensure updates to technical and/or user documentation. Train users on systems and processes. Lead in efforts to encourage system use and adoption with the business areas. Act as an advocate and advisor for the application of technology solutions to the agency.
- Provide leadership in proactively setting up and managing systems in excellent working condition through implementation and monitoring of alerts, regular maintenance activities, performance tuning, software updates and patches. Provide leadership in working with internal IT teams and technology vendors to ensure all systems are available and secure on a 24 by 7 basis.
- Lead efforts in system security by ensuring compliance to security standards and policies, monitoring access privileges, conducting risk assessments, investigation of suspicious activities, and remediation
- of identified security threats or risks.
- Document test cases and perform comprehensive testing during implementation and upgrades.
- Lead the planning and undertaking of periodic risk analysis of systems and mitigate risks wherever possible. Lead in the planning and testing of disaster recovery. Lead implementing, monitoring and
- verifying backups. Lead resolving issues.
- Follow change management and change control processes to plan and deploy system changes.
- Perform change-impact analysis. Communicate changes to business areas and IT.
- Research, develop and implement IT standards and best practice policies and procedures by following safety and security policies, considering safety in every action and reporting safety and security concerns.
- Perform other duties as required and/or assigned in support of the Strategic Goals and the IT Vision, Mission, and Objectives aligned to these goals.
Basic Hiring Criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field. Additional related experience may substitute for degree on a year for year basis up to four years.
- Five (5) years’ experience managing technology projects; including three (3) years managing technical and functional teams.
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) by the Project Management Institute preferred.
- Experience with direct end-user support in a customer service role. Demonstrated dedication to customer service.
Minimum Security Clearance:
TAD PGS, Inc. is a Global Fortune 500 company with worldwide revenue of over $27 billion and more than 50 decades of government contracting experience. We specialize in supporting U.S. Government Agencies and their prime vendors by delivering a full range of recruitment and workforce solutions. As part of the Adecco family, we have access to over 2.5 million active candidates supporting hundreds of locations across North America. On any given day, we have more than 70,000 professionals working at client sites across the United States.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor / Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals / EOE Protected Veterans/Disability
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Already have an account? Log in here