J - Tech. Professional
Laurel, MD Posted: 5/6/2021
We have an outstanding Contract position for a Kinematics Analyst to join a leading Company located in Laurel, MD..
**US Citizenship is required.**
Kinematic Analysis & Test Engineer of the project mechanical team supporting all functions related to the analysis of flight and ground support hardware for Space Department missions.
- Perform kinematic analysis & test on active spaceflight hardware programs. Performing kinematic analysis of mechanisms, deployables, and landers using MSC-ADAMS
- To help the designer complete mechanism designs, perform hand stress analysis using standard references such as Roark and Bruhn.
- Perform hand vibration and dynamics analysis using standard references such as Steinberg and Thompson.
- Develop and design and test loads recovered from the ADAMS analysis
- Support hardware integration, component and sub-system flight and non-flight function, deployment, or landing testing. Formulate and implement component and subsystem-level test plans and procedures. Lead component and subsystem level function, deployment or landing testing
- Possess a BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Have 7+ years of experience working on aerospace or equivalent projects using MSC-ADAMS.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead the development of flight components or subsystems through concept, design, analysis and test.
- Demonstrate the ability work well as a member of a team with good communication/interpersonal skills.
- Are experienced with the MSC-ADAMS analysis application, including the ability to incorporate various physics-based subroutines.
- Are willing and able to work a variable schedule during times of testing.
- Have a MS or PHD in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering.
- Have completed several aerospace mechanism projects from start to finish.
- Demonstrated the ability to work closely with both the mechanical designer in all phases of the design and analysis process and with the technician during testing.
- Have FEMAP and MSC-NASTRAN experience to supplement the structural and dynamic hand calculations mentioned above.
- Have experience in the selection of aerospace materials, including tribological fluids and coatings.
- Have the ability to read and understand mechanical drawings to ensure the drawings meet the design intent.
Minimum Security Clearance:
TAD PGS, Inc. is a Global Fortune 500 company with worldwide revenue of over $27 billion and more than 50 decades of government contracting experience. We specialize in supporting U.S. Government Agencies and their prime vendors by delivering a full range of recruitment and workforce solutions. As part of the Adecco family, we have access to over 2.5 million active candidates supporting hundreds of locations across North America. On any given day, we have more than 70,000 professionals working at client sites across the United States.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor / Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals / EOE Protected Veterans/Disability
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Already have an account? Log in here