Halethorpe, MD Posted: 7/15/2021
We have an outstanding career for opportunity for Route Drivers to join a leading Company.
The primary function of this position is to deliver excellent service to customers while representing the company in a professional and courteous manner at all times. Further the transportation driver is to comply with all DOT, and state regulations as well as all company safety and compliance policies in regard to the operation of the truck, the weight of the load, hours worked or performing any service or function on behalf of our company. Responsible for servicing assigned accounts in the most professional way, ensuring that customer's needs are met on a continual basis for various waste pickup and supply delivery.
- Pick up and transport waste safely according to all federal, state, and local rules and regulations.
- Plans daily schedule based on customers" needs by reviewing daily paperwork, e.g., manifest, route sheets, provided by the Transportation Manager/Supervisor or Dispatcher.
- May prepare and load trucks to service select accounts for the day ensuring enough supplies are added.
- Pick up specified waste from each customer site scheduled for the day. Ensures that customers have packaged and prepared the waste according to all federal, state, and local rules and regulations before transporting.
- Provide the highest level of customer service to assigned accounts on a daily basis, communicating any issues to Transportation Manager/Supervisor or Dispatcher for resolution.
- Ensures waste, supplies, and material handling equipment are secured prior to operating vehicle on public highway.
- Ensures that assigned paperwork is completed legibly, neatly, accurately, and completely and returned to Transportation Supervisor or Dispatcher for processing. Ensures DOT Driver Log is completed, if applicable.
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip maintenance on assigned truck prior to leaving or closing for the day. Reports any maintenance problems to Transportation/Dispatcher for follow-up.
- Other duties as assigned.
Basic Hiring Criteria:
- Education equivalent to graduation from high school, or the equivalent in related work experience, demonstrating the ability to read a map, interact professionally with various levels of internal/external customers, and portray a strong professional appearance and attitude at all times and in all situations.
- Minimum two years of verifiable customer service experience required.
- Maintains current required drivers license, with an excellent driving record.
- Maintains current Medical Examiner's Certification (MEC).
- Previous route management experience is a plus.
- Demonstrates the ability to read a map.
- Demonstrates good computer skills.
- Works safely and carefully to prevent injury to self and others while driving, loading, and unloading vehicle. Requires constant mental and visual attention relative to the safe operation of the vehicle.
Minimum Security Clearance:
TAD PGS, Inc.
is a Global Fortune 500 company with worldwide revenue of over $27 billion and more than 50 decades of government contracting experience. We specialize in supporting U.S. Government Agencies and their prime vendors by delivering a full range of recruitment and workforce solutions. As part of the Adecco family, we have access to over 2.5 million active candidates supporting hundreds of locations across North America. On any given day, we have more than 70,000 professionals working at client sites across the United States.VEVRAA Federal Contractor / Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals / EOE Protected Veterans/Disability
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please visit http://www.tadpgs.com/candidate-privacy/
Already have an account? Log in here