Plano, TX Posted: 9/7/2021
We have an outstanding Contract position for a Procurement Specialist to join a leading Company located in the Plano, TX surrounding area.
**Must be a US Citizen.**
**Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance.**
Please click on this link if you have any questions on how to obtain a clearance: https://www.tadpgs.com/obtain_security_clearance
The Procurement Specialist will be integrated with the assigned programs/business area and is responsible for procuring goods and services to support program requirements, interfacing with suppliers, and ensuring compliance with Government and corporate policies and requirements.
- Performs daily procurement activity by processing requisitions and performing appropriate analysis in order to meet desired cost and schedule requirements in support of manufacturing and program activities
- Addresses quality concerns in collaboration with Quality Assurance, Program Engineering, and/or Operations Engineering
- Develops and enhances relationships with strategic suppliers/partners; serves as the primary contact with suppliers, and supports the initial qualification, and then fostering a positive and mutually beneficial relationship with suppliers and their management
- Actively works to support the development of new technologies and supplier capabilities
- Drives cost savings and quality improvement projects
- Coordinates quality issues with suppliers as required and manages supplier returns
- Reviews open invoices and ensure timely three-way match requirements to keep suppliers current
- Reduces procurement cost and improves responsiveness by analyzing supply chain and commodity trends, measuring and reporting results as well as enhancing established procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Basic Hiring Criteria:
- BA/BS in Operations Management, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, or another related field
- 4+ years procurement
- Ability to obtain a DoD secret clearance
- Ability to obtain any additional clearances as required
- Experience sourcing electronic and mechanical custom components; particularly Circuit Card Assemblies
- Professional certifications from ISM, APICS, or other procurement-related certifications
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint
- Experience or education with an MRP system
- Understands and clearly communicates design specifications to suppliers, including the ability to read and comprehend complex part drawings and specifications
- Experience with Import/Export Compliance
- Familiarity with Government regulations/requirements such as Sarbanes-Oxley, ITAR, and FARS/DFARS
- Familiarity with quality management systems, such as ISO or AS.
- Strong analytical background
- Experience working and interfacing with Suppliers, Manufacturing, Inventory Management, Quality, and Engineering
- Must be independent and able to work with little direction
- Analytical problem-solving capability
- Excellent people skills to include collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation)
Minimum Security Clearance:
TAD PGS, Inc. is a Global Fortune 500 company with worldwide revenue of over $27 billion and more than 50 decades of government contracting experience. We specialize in supporting U.S. Government Agencies and their prime vendors by delivering a full range of recruitment and workforce solutions. As part of the Adecco family, we have access to over 2.5 million active candidates supporting hundreds of locations across North America. On any given day, we have more than 70,000 professionals working at client sites across the United States.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor / Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals / Equal Opportunity Employer / Veterans / Disabled
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Already have an account? Log in here