Electrical Packaging Design Engineer
Erie, PA Posted: 9/10/2021
We have an outstanding Contract position for an Electrical Packaging Design Engineer to join a leading Company located in the Erie, PA surrounding area.
- Responsible for the mechanical design and equipment packaging for electrical compartments on locomotive or mining vehicle applications. This work will include the following sets of activities:
- Determining design requirements and electrical equipment needs to support the various locomotive or mining subsystems.
- Designing equipment arrangements for control and power electronic devices, working closely with electrical integration on cabling and harness layouts.
- Designing cab sheet metal structure to incorporate equipment installations, working closely with cabs and platform teams on required interfaces.
- Supporting structural and thermal design of control and power electronic devices and panels, busbars, inverter components, and related equipment.
- Use of engineering tools, such as NX and Ansys to develop and analyze design concepts to meet structural design criteria.
- Writing instructions to drafting for new drawing release or modification of existing drawings.
- Close integration with internal and external sheet metal and light fabrication vendors, addressing product change requests, quality concerns, and shop support.
- Day to day support of manufacturing and supply chain with electrical compartment manufacturing.
- Support manufacturing and supply chain to achieve high levels of manufacturability and manage drawing and model updates to address issues or implement improvements.
- Support validation testing through test plan preparation, setting up tests, and conducting testing, with ability to work in a heavy industrial lab environment, and able to work in, on, and around locomotives and mining equipment.
- Support multiple work assignments by establishing, maintaining, and working to proper priorities with support of team members.
- Prepare and present technical data for internal review.
- Document and communicate results of technical data generated through analysis or testing.
- Share information and promote open dialogue.
Basic Hiring Criteria:
- BSME or MET degree
- A minimum of 2 years of experience.
- Hardware / Software Knowledge Needed: NX, Ansys workbench preferred
Minimum Security Clearance:
TAD PGS, Inc. is a Global Fortune 500 company with worldwide revenue of over $27 billion and more than 50 decades of government contracting experience. We specialize in supporting U.S. Government Agencies and their prime vendors by delivering a full range of recruitment and workforce solutions. As part of the Adecco family, we have access to over 2.5 million active candidates supporting hundreds of locations across North America. On any given day, we have more than 70,000 professionals working at client sites across the United States.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor / Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals / Equal Opportunity Employer / Veterans / Disabled
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Already have an account? Log in here