Senior LINUX Systems Administrator
Aberdeen, MD Posted: 9/14/2021
We have an outstanding Contract position for a Senior LINUX Systems Administrator to join a leading Company located in the Aberdeen, MD surrounding area.
** Candidate must possess an active Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance. **
Please click on this link if you have any questions on how to obtain a clearance:
Provide senior-level Linux systems administration support for all equipment, servers, and appliances for DCSB's Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO) Security Operations Center (SOC). Beyond advising and guiding technical matters, this position is tasked with managing the project execution for the evaluation of new technologies for life cycle replacement and potential future use. This position requires a minimum Secret clearance to start.
- Configure and upgrade Linux systems and servers
- Debug/troubleshoot & Performance tuning on Linux
- Coordinate with Operations and Engineering, providing technical support for all Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) and other devices impacting the security monitoring of networks
- Coordinate with local change and control boards and provide installation, configuration, engineering, administration, and accreditation documents/diagrams for the infrastructure life cycle replacements upgrades, enhancements, and new technology deployments
- Volume Manager Administration Network OS / SW installation and OS patching skills on UNIX (RHEL)
- Coordinate with Operations and Engineering and provide technical support for all in-line devices to include Taps, Intrusion Prevention System (IPS), Wireless Intrusion Detection System (WIDS), Wireless Intrusion Prevention System (WIPS), and other in-line devices impacting the security monitoring of networks
- Maintain Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) compliance on all security devices
- Develop Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M)
- Lead systems engineering efforts for new system development efforts or critical system enhancements and patches engineering and configuration management processes
- Develops functional requirements through interaction with end-users and coordinates with support teams on systematic enhancements or changes
- Identify and offer solutions to gaps in capabilities and visibility
- Promote and drive research and implementation of automation and process efficiencies
- Bachelor's degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. 4 years of relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- At least five years of experience managing, supporting, troubleshooting, patching, backing up, and restoring Linux/UNIX systems and applications in a DoD environment.
- Hands-on experience of system management, system setup, and managing Linux based servers as well as configuring them
- Experience managing Linux/UNIX operating systems.
- Experience installing, configuring, and managing Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) on Linux based systems
- Expertise in Network and Firewalls along with knowledge about the Linux system files, boot process and Run levels.
- Familiar with the configuration and maintenance of the server and network hardware and peripherals
- Experience securing systems and applications by Federal, DoD directives, policies, and Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG).
- Significant knowledge of computer security principles and DoD security protocols
- Comfortable scripting or writing code in Python, Bash, PowerShell, or another popular and common language to perform daily tasks or configuration management
- Proficient in using Linux command line interfaces
- SIEM or Server/OS administration certification
- Deep understanding of network topologies, both transport and IP
- Must be available for on-call support, as required
- Demonstrated knowledge of security policies and general vulnerabilities management
- Experience and familiarity with change control processes
- Ability to both create and understand network topology and rack elevation diagrams
Minimum Security Clearance:
TAD PGS, Inc. is a Global Fortune 500 company with worldwide revenue of over $27 billion and more than 50 decades of government contracting experience. We specialize in supporting U.S. Government Agencies and their prime vendors by delivering a full range of recruitment and workforce solutions. As part of the Adecco family, we have access to over 2.5 million active candidates supporting hundreds of locations across North America. On any given day, we have more than 70,000 professionals working at client sites across the United States.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor / Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals / Equal Opportunity Employer / Veterans / Disabled
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Already have an account? Log in here