Fort Worth, TX Posted: 11/3/2021
We have an outstanding Contract position for a Buyer to join a leading Company located in the Fort Worth, TX surrounding area.
The Buyer is responsible for procurement of materials, components, supplies and/or services for the company in accordance with Procurement procedures, contract requirements and federal acquisition regulations.
- Establishes source of supply, negotiates price, delivery date, and other necessary commitments based upon authorized requisition and complies with company policies and federal regulations.
- Provides guidance and information to requester that includes communication of procurement actions or status and assist with special or complex requirements.
- Adheres to Procurement procedures to assure follow-up and administration of purchase order and subcontract files. Coordinates requisition requirements with requester.
- Assists in the preparation of Procurement centered reports.
- Contacts suppliers, secures bids, and executes purchase orders in accordance with procedures
- Reviews purchase requisitions and executes purchase orders with approved suppliers.
- Negotiate price, delivery, and terms with approved prospective suppliers.
- Maintains procurement records in accordance with procedures.
- Supports the goals and objectives of the company as a part of a work group or team member as assigned.
- Negotiates and settles with suppliers regarding damage claims, rejections, and losses, return of materials, over-shipments, and cancellations.
- Provides pricing in support of Business Development or proposal efforts as required.
- May require site visits in support of establishment of new or existing suppliers.
- Interfaces with Procurement leadership. to provide status, input, and communicates with other departments.
- Responsible for compliance of procurement procedures in maintaining an approved Purchasing system.
Basic Hiring Criteria:
- Bachelor's degree in Purchasing, Supply Chain Management or related area, or two (2) years of relevant experience above that which is required for the role may be substituted for each year of the four (4) years of college.
- Two (2) years of experience in a buyer or procurement role, preferably in a government environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate with suppliers.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments, works with little supervision and well under pressure.
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) preferred. Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft applications (ex: Word, Excel, etc.).
- Certification(s) in Procurement desirable.
Minimum Security Clearance:
TAD PGS, Inc. is a Global Fortune 500 company with worldwide revenue of over $27 billion and more than 50 decades of government contracting experience. We specialize in supporting U.S. Government Agencies and their prime vendors by delivering a full range of recruitment and workforce solutions. As part of the Adecco family, we have access to over 2.5 million active candidates supporting hundreds of locations across North America. On any given day, we have more than 70,000 professionals working at client sites across the United States.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor / Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals / Equal Opportunity Employer / Veterans / Disabled
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Already have an account? Log in here