Sterling, VA Posted: 11/23/2021
We have an outstanding Contract position for a Logistics Assistant to join a leading manufacturing Company located in the Sterling, VA surrounding area.
The successful candidate shall work as a Material Handler for a production and integration facility supporting DoD customers. The candidate shall be responsible for performing a wide array of warehouse jobs. The candidate shall be required to effectively interface with all levels of internal staff including engineering, program management, procurement, and external suppliers.
- Plans, develops, and implements programs to coordinate physical distribution, order fulfillment, inventory management and control, and contract management activities
- Controls the efficient flow of goods, services, and information between the point of origin through customer placement in order to meet customer requirements
- Develops and administers production plans and schedules as they relate to the material and product flow inbound and outbound to ensure customer service and time objectives are achieved within existing financial constraints in order to meet marketing and financial objectives
- Ensures the execution and continuous improvement of standard logistics processes, such as the replenishment system, data interchange systems, demand management, electronic data systems administration and related functions
- May perform equipment or system fault analysis
- Involved in life cycle maintenance and integrated logistics support of major systems
- Builds relationships with strategic customers through logistics initiatives
- Integrates learning from customers, competitors, operating entities, distribution, transportation, customer service, other industries, industry groups, and professional training to continuously improve the competitive position
- Performs predetermined work assignments with detailed instructions. Follows established guidelines, procedures, and policies
- Works on assignments that are routine in nature where the ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice are required
- Contributions are usually limited to assignment related activities
- Decisions or failure to achieve results may cause delays in schedules
- Interacts daily with supervisor, peer groups, and customers
- Interaction normally involves exchanges or presentation of factual information
- Work is closely managed
- Follows specific, outlined, and detailed procedures
- Having general knowledge and experience
- Choice of action requires more than common sense in that some training and experience is needed before knowing what to do under special circumstances
Basic Hiring Criteria:
- High school education or equivalent
- Minimum 4+ years of related experience
This particular client is requiring that all new hires show proof of vaccination. However, accommodations will be made for those with disabilities or religious reasons who cannot obtain a vaccine.
Minimum Security Clearance:
TAD PGS, Inc. is a Global Fortune 500 company with worldwide revenue of over $27 billion and more than 50 decades of government contracting experience. We specialize in supporting U.S. Government Agencies and their prime vendors by delivering a full range of recruitment and workforce solutions. As part of the Adecco family, we have access to over 2.5 million active candidates supporting hundreds of locations across North America. On any given day, we have more than 70,000 professionals working at client sites across the United States.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor / Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals / Equal Opportunity Employer / Veterans / Disabled
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Already have an account? Log in here