Audit Project Lead
Reston, VA Posted: 11/23/2021
We have an outstanding Contract position for an Audit Project Lead to join a leading Company located in the Reston, VA surrounding area.
This job family is accountable for auditing the company accounting and statistical data of various, divisions, operating units, Business Units, Groups, and the Enterprise as a whole to verify accuracy and compliance. The scope of the internal auditing jobs includes involving topics such as the efficacy of operations, the reliability of financial reporting, deterring and investigating fraud, safeguarding assets, and compliance with laws and regulations. Internal auditing frequently involves measuring compliance with the entity's policies and procedures. Internal auditor jobs apply systematic methodologies for analyzing business processes, procedures, and activities with the goal of highlighting organizational problems and recommending solutions. Internal auditors are not responsible for the execution of company activities; they advise management and the Board of Directors (or similar oversight body) regarding how to better execute their responsibilities.
- Responsible for coordinating, administering, and documenting complex audit projects
- Receives only policy level direction from management
- Audits the accounting and statistical data of various departments, divisions, and locations of the company in order to verify accuracy
- Audits the activities of various departments for compliance with plans, policies, and procedures prescribed by management
- Determines proper accountability of company assets through physical count, inventory, and confirmation
- Prepares and submits reports on results of audits, recommending improvements in policies and procedures
- Audits accounting records of contractors regarding agreements where the company is a party of interest
- Cooperates with outside auditors in any undertaking which may expedite their work
- Must be able to evaluate audit findings and consequences with some latitude for independent action or decision
- Leads audit projects and directs less experienced personnel
- Works on complex problems where analysis of situation or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors
- Exercises independent judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Decisions or failure to achieve goals results in additional costs and personnel, and serious delays in overall schedules
- Frequently interacts with customers and/or functional peer group managers
- May interact with senior management
- Interactions normally involve matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers and the company
- Work is accomplished without considerable direction
- Exerts significant latitude in determining objectives of assignments
- May determine methods and procedures on new assignments and may supervise or provide guidance to other personnel
- Involves comprehensive knowledge of this administrative field and the ability to complete difficult and complex assignments
- Mastery of the job
- Serves in a lead role and provides direction and training to others
Basic Hiring Criteria:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration (or related field)
- Minimum 5 years experience
- Experience designing SOX controls
- Experience evaluating and classifying control deficiencies
- Public or Internal Accounting Audit experience
This particular client is requiring that all new hires show proof of vaccination. However, accommodations will be made for those with disabilities or religious reasons who cannot obtain a vaccine.
Minimum Security Clearance:
TAD PGS, Inc. is a Global Fortune 500 company with worldwide revenue of over $27 billion and more than 50 decades of government contracting experience. We specialize in supporting U.S. Government Agencies and their prime vendors by delivering a full range of recruitment and workforce solutions. As part of the Adecco family, we have access to over 2.5 million active candidates supporting hundreds of locations across North America. On any given day, we have more than 70,000 professionals working at client sites across the United States.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor / Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals / Equal Opportunity Employer / Veterans / Disabled
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Already have an account? Log in here