Site Support Technician
Huntsville, AL Posted: 11/23/2021
We have an outstanding Contract position for a Site Support Technician to join a leading IT Company located in the Huntsville, AL surrounding area.
This family performs the installation, repair, and preventative maintenance of personal computers and related systems.
- Day-to-day technical support to employees for network infrastructure and internal desktop systems software and hardware
- Installs, configures, and troubleshoots desktop systems, workstations, servers, and network issues in a heterogeneous environment
- Maintains passwords, data integrity, and file system security for the desktop environment
- Communicates highly technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel
- Assists in determining suitable software to meet user requirements
- Recommends hardware and software solutions, including new acquisition and upgrades
- May participate in the development of information technology and infrastructure projects
- May conduct training programs designed to educate an organization's computer users about basic and specialized applications
- Applies job skills and company policies and procedures to complete a wide range of difficult tasks
- Performs predetermined work assignments with detailed instructions
- Follows established guidelines, procedures, and policies
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of identifiable factors
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining results
- Personal judgment and performance may affect the schedule and quality of projects
- Decisions or failure to achieve results may cause minor delays in schedules
- Interacts daily with supervisor, peer groups, and customers
- Interaction normally involves exchanges or presentation of factual information
- Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments
- Having general knowledge and experience to be able to handle usual and seldom occurring job events with minimal assistance
Basic Hiring Criteria:
- High school education or equivalent
- Minimum 4+ years of related experience
- Ability to use common sense to carry out relatively basic instructions and activities
- Customer service and personal interaction skills are paramount
- Ability to manage a ticket queue using Service Now and monitor schedule using Outlook.
- Imaging using PXE and USB image stick
- Tools- Acronis backup, Druva InSync, Bomgar, MS Office
- Manual and SCCM software installations
- Needs to provide a high level of customer service, ability to learn quickly
- Needs good organizational skills and the ability to work with appropriate teams and vendors to troubleshoot any hardware, software, or imaging issues
- Technicians will need to provide face to face customer service for PC onboarding, software installation, and data backup and restores
- Candidates will support a Windows 10 migration project consisting of the deployment of 3000 computers
- Candidates should have in-depth experience with Windows 10 migrations including backup, imaging, data migration, setup, application installation, and post support (local and remote)
- Experience with McAfee FDE, Bomgar, ServiceNow, Druva inSync, and multi-factor authentication/PKI is a plus
This particular client is requiring that all new hires show proof of vaccination. However, accommodations will be made for those with disabilities or religious reasons who cannot obtain a vaccine.
Minimum Security Clearance:
TAD PGS, Inc. is a Global Fortune 500 company with worldwide revenue of over $27 billion and more than 50 decades of government contracting experience. We specialize in supporting U.S. Government Agencies and their prime vendors by delivering a full range of recruitment and workforce solutions. As part of the Adecco family, we have access to over 2.5 million active candidates supporting hundreds of locations across North America. On any given day, we have more than 70,000 professionals working at client sites across the United States.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor / Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals / Equal Opportunity Employer / Veterans / Disabled
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Already have an account? Log in here