Senior Project Component Engineer
Canoga Park, CA Posted: 11/24/2021
We have an outstanding Contract position for a Senior Project Component Engineer to join a leading engineering Company located in the Canoga Park, CA surrounding area.
We are seeking a Senior Engineer to join our Valves and Actuators team in the Project and Component Engineering department in Canoga Park, CA (Los Angeles area). You will join a team working on the development, fabrication, and test of propulsion system valve and actuator hardware.
- Under general direction, the Project Component Engineer determines approaches to objectives demonstrating a complete understanding and application of engineering principles, concepts, and practices
- Development and fabrication support of rocket engine valve and actuator components. Translates engineering and scientific concepts from preliminary ideas through the product life cycle
- Supplier integration with external suppliers ensuing requirements are achieved on time and within budget
- Interfaces with other members of project or program teams, management, and technical staff to provide coordination of technical, schedule, and cost solutions to team objectives
- Analyzes and verifies valve & actuator design and performance for adequacy and reliability
- Supports investigation and resolution of hardware and process anomalies and issues identified by preventative action/corrective action boards or safety initiative activities
- Develops trade studies, design concepts, systems integration, and component-level test plans
Basic Hiring Criteria:
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering is required
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a related field
- MSME/AE degree is highly desirable
- Secret clearance preferred but not required
- Experience with rocket propulsion systems desired
- Understanding and use of analytical, design, or process procedures pertinent to the aerospace valve and actuator advanced development
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and specifications, develop planning and procedures for assembly and test
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Effective presentation and report writing skills will be required
- Project skills in developing MS Project scheduling and Earned Value Measurement Systems are a plus
- May require the use of engineering test equipment, CAD, and/or various computer systems
- Ability to operate effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrated leadership skills are highly desirable
This particular client is requiring that all new hires show proof of vaccination. However, accommodations will be made for those with disabilities or religious reasons who cannot obtain a vaccine.
TAD PGS, Inc. is a Global Fortune 500 company with worldwide revenue of over $27 billion and more than 50 decades of government contracting experience. We specialize in supporting U.S. Government Agencies and their prime vendors by delivering a full range of recruitment and workforce solutions. As part of the Adecco family, we have access to over 2.5 million active candidates supporting hundreds of locations across North America. On any given day, we have more than 70,000 professionals working at client sites across the United States.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor / Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals / Equal Opportunity Employer / Veterans / Disabled
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Already have an account? Log in here