Clifton, NJ Posted: 1/14/2022
We have an outstanding Contract position for a Software Engineer to join a leading Company located in the Clifton, NJ surrounding area.
**Must be a US Citizen.**
**Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance within 30-45 days of offer.**
Please click on this link if you have any questions on how to obtain a clearance: https://www.tadpgs.com/obtain_security_clearance
Seeking a software engineer with DevOps expertise to include defining DevOps approaches in an Agile software development environment. The candidate is responsible for setting up and maintaining the DevOps CI/CD pipelines for an embedded software development project. The candidate will also support the team as an expert in overall automation approaches.
- Responsible for research, design, and development of computer software systems, in conjunction with hardware product development
- Primarily responsible for the design and development of software products for a variety of software applications
- Participates in all phases of the software development life cycle, including requirements analysis, design, implementation, integration, and test of software products
- Applies computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis concepts and principles in the development of software for the target application
- Works closely with cross functional members of the engineering organization to develop and evaluate interfaces between hardware and software, and operational performance requirements and design of the overall system
- Develops software test procedures, software programs, and related documentation
- Contributes to determining, estimating, and validating the cost and scope of software efforts to ensure software performed meets program cost, schedule, and technical constraints
- Subject matter expert with comprehensive knowledge of job area and in-depth knowledge of project management
- Manages large, complex project initiatives of substantial importance to the organization with minimal oversight or direction
- Communicates within and outside of the organization to explain and influence changes to practices, processes, and approaches
- Makes significant improvements in processes, systems, or products
- Provides input into new products/processes and implements operational plans that have a measurable impact on business or functional
- Apply DevOps techniques to create, install, configure and maintain new CI/CD infrastructure for the build, release, deployment, and delivery of multiple programs for both Windows and Linux systems
- Enhance existing CI/CD pipelines to maximize automation techniques
- Overall knowledge of DevOps tools to include BitBucket/Git, Confluence, Jenkins, Artifactory
- Ability and willingness to learn tools
- Ensure that all DevOps processes are documented and facilitate cross-training
Basic Hiring Criteria:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related engineering field
- Minimum 4 Years of related SW development experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience leveraging DevOps tooling; Some examples include Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, Confluence, and Artifactory
- Active Secret Clearance
- Expertise in cross-platform build systems (Example - Cmake)
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work closely with the team
- Experience in java, python, and/or C++ to support scripts and tools to enhance the DevOps Environment
- Knowledgeable in the toolsets such as PTC Integrity, Visual Source Safe (VSS), Agile PDM, SmartBear Collaborator, and Scientific Toolwork Understand
- Infrastructure baselines:
- Container management
This particular client is requiring that all new hires show proof of vaccination. However, accommodations will be made for those with disabilities or religious reasons who cannot obtain a vaccine.
Minimum Security Clearance:
TAD PGS, Inc. is a Global Fortune 500 company with worldwide revenue of over $27 billion and more than 50 decades of government contracting experience. We specialize in supporting U.S. Government Agencies and their prime vendors by delivering a full range of recruitment and workforce solutions. As part of the Adecco family, we have access to over 2.5 million active candidates supporting hundreds of locations across North America. On any given day, we have more than 70,000 professionals working at client sites across the United States.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor / Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals / Equal Opportunity Employer / Veterans / Disabled
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Already have an account? Log in here