Gainesville, TX Posted: 7/11/2022
We have an outstanding career opportunity for a Program Manager to join a leading Company located in the Gainesville, TX surrounding area.
The Program Manager I is the primary point of contact for external customers and is responsible for the execution of small, less complex programs or an assigned subset of a larger and/or more complex programs from sales transition handover through delivery of the final aircraft and closure of any open items.
- Responsible for contribution margin of the production phase. Must keep the program in scope or to properly negotite time and budget when the scope increases or to refuse the scope increase if it is not practical.
- Responsible for leading their integrated product team (IPT) in the daily execution of program activities.
- Responsible for implementing a product matching 100% to the one used for the cost base in the bid and to make him/her self-knowledgeable of all elements of the bid including the cost base.
- Clarifies RFQ scope of work expected by the customer with sales team.
- Coordinates with estimator on pricing package assumptions.
- Coordinates with engineering for drawing and technical proposal support.
- Follows up proposal submission with customer and/or salesperson.
- Kicks off new programs, establish expectations, and identify pacing items.
- Manages the project scope, budget, timeline and risks.
- Leads program status meetings and work bottlenecks.
- Communicates program status to Airframers customers, sales team, and upper management.
- Sets expectations and facilitates clear and open lines of communication both internally and externally.
- Monitors all open action items to customer to ensure timely closure.
- Monitors the submission of required data items required by the customer.
- Coordinates resources between divisions for programs.
- Monitors budget status on all programs with senior management.
- Coordinates the resolution of field service issues for new products delivered.
- Participates in contract negotiations as required.
- Teams with estimating team and/or salesperson on developing and presenting proposals.
- Communicates results of negotiating sessions to senior management.
- Monitors the scope of work and initiate formal changes when necessary to obtain proper concessions on prices, weights and lead times, where appropriate.
- Tracks, manages and reports non-recurring expenses to operate within budget limits.
- Tracks, manages and reports recurring costs at standard to operate within the quotation parameters and achieve the bid contribution margins.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Basic Hiring Criteria:
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in related business management or related engineering discipline or 6 years of related experience in lieu of a Bachelor's level degree to meet the education requirement. OR Requires an Associate's degree in related business management or related engineering discipline and 3 years of related experience in lieu of Bachelor's level degree to meet the education requirement.
- In addition to meeting the education requirement, requires an additional 3 years' experience in a project or program team environment/exposure.
- PMP certification is preferred.
- Acts in accordance with company values and related competencies.
- Must have the ability to generate written communication and to operate required office equipment. Ability to read and review written communication. Speech and hearing abilities that allow individual to communicate clearly and distinctly in English.
- Ability to solve problems and think strategically.
- Demonstrated effective leadership and timely communication skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have the skills and experience to effectively interact with the customer.
- In-depth knowledge of program management and relationships between line functions.
- Must have excellent negotiating skills and be very comfortable in adversarial business environments.
- Must be able to quickly comprehend technical customer management and engineering.
- Understand customer technical, schedule and programmatic requirements, as well as the technology and product development necessary to carry out the program to meet customer expectations.
- Must be well organized with solid judgement; able to multi task and adjust to changing priorities.
- Must be fully accountable and properly present to manage a good estimate in order to compete for the completion of the NRC phase of the program. In particular, after the expense on the program has reached 25% to 35% of the initial quote, sufficient knowledge of the program must have been gained for the program manager to be able to display the ultimate estimate at completion with an error margin of no more than plus or minus 15%.
- Must have a very good working knowledge of the standard suite of office software products (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project, et al.)
This particular client is requiring that all new hires show proof of vaccination. However, accommodations will be made for those with disabilities or religious reasons who cannot obtain a vaccine.
Minimum Security Clearance:
TAD PGS, Inc. is a Global Fortune 500 company with worldwide revenue of over $27 billion and more than 50 years of government contracting experience. We specialize in supporting U.S. Government Agencies and their prime vendors by delivering a full range of recruitment and workforce solutions. As part of the Adecco family, we have access to over 2.5 million active candidates supporting hundreds of locations across North America. On any given day, we have more than 70,000 professionals working at client sites across the United States.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor / Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals / Equal Opportunity Employer / Veterans / Disabled
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Already have an account? Log in here