Herndon, VA Posted: 9/23/2022
We have an outstanding career opportunity for a Computer Engineer to join a leading Company located in the Herndon, VA surrounding area.
**US Citizenship is required.**
**Candidate must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance.**
Please click on this link if you have any questions on how to obtain a clearance: https://www.tadpgs.com/obtain_security_clearance
Our employees provide a multi-disciplinary, sometimes non-traditional, approach to generate innovative solutions to incredibly challenging technical problems in the national security arena. Our areas of expertise are in spacecraft payload and system development (especially in the confines of implementing very large amounts of functionality in extremely small, power-constrained environments); unique system development; ground control and operational software development; embedded software development; and unique cyber capabilities. Key customers include the Department of Defense and the Intelligence Community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The selected candidate will be an integral participant in derived-requirements definition, avionics hardware development and implementation, and system integration, test, and verification for spacecraft and associated flight-payload/ground electronics.
- Key areas of focus include digital and FPGA hardware/firmware development and implementation, including schematic design and board functional test, as well as a development of associated firmware and test software.
- Formulates plans, typically long term, for solution(s) development, documentation, and deployment, as well as meeting various compliance, reporting, and safety standards.
- Evaluates the integration of the engineering solution within the overall engineering environment; and ensures that appropriate documentation, testing, maintenance, and engineering updates completed.
- Communicates with engineering professionals, solution users, and management throughout the solution development cycle, represents the company as a prime technical contact on contracts and/or projects, interacts with senior external personnel on technical matters requiring coordination between the organizations, and participates in the development of new or expansion of existing business.
- Determines technical objectives for solution(s) to advanced technical engineering problems.
- Represents the organization as a prime technical contact within and engineering team for assigned project(s)/program(s).
- May function in an advisory or leadership role for a project/program and provide direction and guidance to less experienced professional staff or team of professional staff.
- Formulates plans and guides the development and implementation of engineering solution(s) including deployment, resource requirements, testing, documentation, integration and compliance and safety.
- Plans and coordinates the maintenance of engineering solutions including, documentation, reporting, publishing, and making technical and other presentations to ensure viability of the solution(s) in an evolving environment.
- Plans for future applications of solutions based on new developments in engineering technology.
- Participates in or may lead the development of new or expansion of existing business opportunities
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Basic Hiring Criteria:
- Typically requires a bachelors degree, masters degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; twelve or more years of experience with a bachelors degree, ten or more years of experience with a masters degree, or seven or more years with a PhD. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Demonstrates a detailed and extensive technical expertise and application of engineering principles, concepts, theory, and practice with the ability to organize, plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate workloads to meet established deadlines or milestones with some experience in project leadership.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment; strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills to effectively interface with other departments, customers, government representatives, and/or professionals; the capability of representing the organization as a prime technical contact; and, the ability to provide leadership and guidance to less experienced professionals.
- Experience with FPGA development is required. Experience with Actel toolchains is a plus.
- Must be comfortable working with custom/standard serial protocols.
- Experience developing with soft-core processors and developing FPGAs to work with custom protocols as well as standard serial interfaces is highly desired.
- Experience interfacing with focal plane arrays is a plus.
- Spacecraft hardware development experience is a plus.
- Must be comfortable with designing, developing and debugging small circuitry which performs sensing, digital data manipulation, and electro-mechanical control.
- Proficiency working with schematics and laboratory testing of electronics hardware and embedded systems (e.g., using logic analyzers and associated lab tools as debugging aids) is required.
- Proficiency in C programming language is desirable.
- Experience with software development and the Linux operating system environment is desirable.
- Must be customer focused and able to work on a self- initiated basis or in a team environment and able to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain DoD TS clearance is required.
Minimum Security Clearance:
TAD PGS, Inc. is a Global Fortune 500 company with worldwide revenue of over $27 billion and more than 50 years of government contracting experience. We specialize in supporting U.S. Government Agencies and their prime vendors by delivering a full range of recruitment and workforce solutions. As part of the Adecco family, we have access to over 2.5 million active candidates supporting hundreds of locations across North America. On any given day, we have more than 70,000 professionals working at client sites across the United States.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor / Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals / Equal Opportunity Employer / Veterans / Disabled
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Already have an account? Log in here