Electrical I&T Engineer
Herndon, VA Posted: 9/23/2022
We have an outstanding career opportunity for an Electrical I&T Engineer to join a leading Company located in the Herndon, VA surrounding area.
**US Citizenship is required.**
**Candidate must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Security Clearance.**
Please click on this link if you have any questions on how to obtain a clearance: https://www.tadpgs.com/obtain_security_clearance
Our employees provide a multi-disciplinary, sometimes non-traditional, approach to generate innovative solutions to incredibly challenging technical problems in the national security arena. Our areas of expertise are in spacecraft, spacecraft payload, and system development (especially in the confines of implementing very large amounts of functionality in extremely small, power-constrained environments); unique system development; ground control and operational software development; embedded software development; and unique cyber capabilities. Key customers include the Department of Defense and the Intelligence Community.
- The selected candidate will be an integral participant in derived-requirements definition, system integration, test, and verification for spacecraft and associated flight-payload/ground electronics; including working closely with the mechanical I&T team, as well as the spacecraft development team in the full life-cycle of spacecraft systems.
- Significant hands-on efforts in support of integration and test activities, as well as developing and implementing electrical integration procedures for flight vehicle assembly and the Ground Support Equipment (GSE) required to successfully accomplish spacecraft integration, test, and development efforts.
- Formulates test plans for component level, subsystem level and system level testing, typically based on engineering ICDs, system requirement documentation and program requirements; and ensures documentation meets various compliance, reporting, and safety standards.
- Evaluates the integration of the engineering solution within the overall engineering environment; and ensures that appropriate documentation, testing, maintenance, and engineering updates completed.
- Communicates with engineering professionals, solution users, and management throughout the solution development cycle, represents the company as a prime technical contact on contracts and/or projects, interacts with
- Determines technical objectives for solution(s) to advanced technical engineering problems.
- Represents the organization as a prime Electrical I&T technical contact within an engineering team for assigned project(s)/program(s).
- May function in an advisory or leadership role for a project/program and provide direction and guidance to less experienced professional staff or team of professional staff.
- Plans and coordinates the maintenance of test equipment and technical process standards; supports development of new test equipment and process standards to address unique or changing technical requirements.
- Plans for future applications of solutions based on new developments in engineering and technology.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
Basic Hiring Criteria:
- A bachelors degree, masters degree or PhD in computer or electrical engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; twelve or more years of experience with a bachelors degree, ten or more years of experience with a masters degree, or seven or more years with a PhD. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Demonstrates a detailed and extensive technical expertise and application of engineering principles, concepts, theory, and practice with the ability to organize, plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate workloads to meet established deadlines or milestones with some experience in project leadership.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment; strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills to effectively interface with other departments, customers, government representatives, and/or professionals; the capability of representing the organization as a prime subject matter technical contact; and, the ability to provide leadership and guidance to less experienced professionals.
- Must be comfortable working with custom/standard serial protocols. Ability to develop custom utilities to assist with those efforts is a plus.
- Must have experience with spacecraft integration & test.
- Spacecraft operations experience is a plus.
- Must be comfortable writing scripts and analyzing data using standard software packages (Excel, MATLAB, gnuplot, etc).
- Must be comfortable testing hardware/software/communication protocols on deeply embedded systems (e.g., using logic analyzers and associated lab tools such as debugging aids).
- Proficiency in C programming language is desirable.
- Experience working within the Linux environment (command line, GCC, Make files, shell scripting, etc.) is desirable.
- Must be customer focused and able to work on a self- initiated basis or in a team environment and able to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Travel in support of spacecraft launch campaigns or testing at a supplier's facility is required.
- US Citizenship is required as is the ability to maintain a Top Secret Security Clearance.
Minimum Security Clearance:
TAD PGS, Inc. is a Global Fortune 500 company with worldwide revenue of over $27 billion and more than 50 years of government contracting experience. We specialize in supporting U.S. Government Agencies and their prime vendors by delivering a full range of recruitment and workforce solutions. As part of the Adecco family, we have access to over 2.5 million active candidates supporting hundreds of locations across North America. On any given day, we have more than 70,000 professionals working at client sites across the United States.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor / Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals / Equal Opportunity Employer / Veterans / Disabled
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Already have an account? Log in here