Looking for a Direct Hire opportunity in the
We have an Exciting career opportunity for a Radio Frequency Engineer to join a leading Company located in the Herndon, VA surrounding area.
**US Citizenship is required.**
**Candidate must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Security Clearance.**
Please click on this link if you have any questions on how to obtain a clearance: https://www.tadpgs.com/obtain_security_clearance
Our areas of expertise are in spacecraft payload and system development (especially in the confines of implementing very large amounts of functionality in extremely small, power-constrained environments); unique system development; ground control and operational software development; embedded software development; and unique cyber capabilities. Key customers include the Department of Defense and the Intelligence Community.
With consultative direction, this position exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives for the review, research, design, development, and/or solution(s) for a designated engineering system(s) or project(s)/program(s).
- Functioning in an advisory or leadership role participates in the planning and oversight of the successful resolution and implementation of engineering problem(s) and provides direction and guidance to professional and support staff.
- Formulates technical plans, typically multi-year, for solution(s) development, documentation, and deployment of the engineering solution (s), as well as responsible for meeting various compliance, reporting, and safety standards.
- Evaluates the integration of the engineering solution within the overall engineering environment; and responsible for planning/overseeing documentation, testing, maintenance, and engineering updates.
- Communicates with engineering professionals, solution users, and management throughout the solution development cycle; represents the company as a prime technical contact on assigned system(s) or project (s)/program(s); selects, motivates, and develops professional and support staff; interacts with senior internal and external personnel on technical matters requiring coordination between the organizations; anticipates future engineering needs; and, develops new or expands existing business opportunities.
- Ensures compliance, reporting, and safety standards are maintained.
- Responsible for troubleshooting of avionics hardware spanning PCBA board testing and defect detection, full functional testing of an assembled unit, and resolving on-vehicle anomalies.
- Create electromagnetic simulation models of hardware (antennas, filters, PCB layout) to design and evaluate performance.
- Write and execute verification test plans, test procedures, and test reports against product requirements.
- Modify electrical schematics and mechanical drawings for flight applications as they relate to reliability and manufacturability.
- Design and troubleshoot RF (UHF, S-Band, X, Ka, or Ku bands) test setups and associated support equipment to support execution of testing strategies.
- Participate in development of new RF designs and drive optimization for manufacturability and cost.
- Actively participate in system level design of satellite systems across all project phases, through attitude control subsystem architectural design development.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Basic Hiring Criteria:
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree, master's degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; fifteen or more years of experience with a bachelor's degree, thirteen or more years of experience with a master's degree, or ten or more years with a PhD. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Demonstrates a detailed and extensive technical expertise and application of engineering principles, concepts, theory, and practice as well as project and/or program leadership including organizing, planning, scheduling, and coordinating workloads to meet established project deadlines or milestones.
- Must possess the ability to contribute to the development of new concepts and principles; resolve unusually complex technical problems; serve as spokesperson on projects and/or programs; and be a technical expert in one or more areas of engineering.
- Previous experience with satellite space systems is required.
- Experience with RF components, wire harnesses, and electrical test equipment (spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, oscilloscopes, power supplies, etc.).
- Knowledge of digital communication systems, spread spectrum, single and multi-carrier techniques and modulation types such as QPSK, APSK and QAM.
- Understanding and experience in environmental testing such as vibration, shock, thermal, burn-in, and TVAC.
- Demonstrated experience with design/analysis/testing of radio frequency (RF) and/or microwave antenna systems.
- Practical design/analysis experience, innovative thinking, and familiarity with the state-of-the-art.
- Proficiency in electromagnetic theory, electromagnetic analysis, and performance budgeting/allocation.
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required enabling an effective leadership interface with other departments, all levels of management, professional and support staff, customers, potential customers, and government representatives.
- Customer focused, formulates plans based on the development of innovative new designs in resolving advanced technical engineering problems.
- Must be able to work on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment.
- Able to work extended hours as required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Security Clearance.