We have an outstanding career opportunity for a Verification and validation Engineer to join a leading Company located in the Hawthorne, CA surrounding area.
Salary Range is: $100,000- $160,000
In this role, you are responsible for the testing and quality assurance of the Fly-By-Wire software and Display software. You will create, execute and review tests at the high-level software requirements level and at the low-level software requirements level. In addition, you will be responsible for performing reviews of the high and low-level requirements, design, and code using checklists. The ideal candidate will be familiar with ARP 4754A, DO178C, DO 331, and DO 330 requirements and capable of facilitating all FAA/DER reviews (SOI-1 to SOI-4).
- Develop and maintain the software certification plans and artifacts
- Code and Test vector generation and testing using MathWorks tools set per DO-331 requirements
- Develop and conduct software flight critical tests and reviews of the Flight Control System and the Display per DO-178C, DO-331 and DO-330
- Conduct multi-disciplinary design reviews including PDR, CDR through different phases of development through to production readiness and certification
- Work with the DER and systems group towards successful completion of SOI audits
- Advocate and train the teams to follow and contribute to the processes
Basic Hiring Criteria:
- Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering discipline
- 2+ years experience in software engineering in certification of software and systems
- Experience in developing software test and verification documents
- Master of Science degree in electrical, computer science, mechanical or aerospace engineering discipline
- Experience in designing, develop, verifying and certify display software per ARINC 661 standards
- Experience with certification of software, systems, and subsystems working with DER/FAA
- Experience in developing, writing, and reviewing certification documentation such as software certification plans, compliance reports, etc.
- Working experience in DO-178C and other aerospace regulations/processes/standard
- Experience in verifying and certifying Fly-by-wire operational flight software using model-based development conforming to DO-331
Benefits offered to vary by the contract. Depending on your temporary assignment, benefits may include direct deposit, free career counseling services, 401(k), select paid holidays, short-term disability insurance, skills training, employee referral bonus, affordable medical coverage plan, and DailyPay (in some locations). For a full description of benefits available to you, be sure to talk with your recruiter.